Chapter 3

Haley

Hannah and Clark stood outside our room while we stayed inside.

"When did that happened?" Kristine asked.

"Yesterday on my way to the washroom."

"And you never bothered to tell us?" Bonnie looked upset.

"I didn't expect it to be that bad.." I said. "I didn't know what to do and at that time I thought it was not a good idea to leave it for someone else to mishandle the informations."

"It's okay." Kristine said, but she seemed tense.

"I'm sorry." I apologized to them.

"It's not your fault." Bonnie said.

"It will be alright." Kristine said as she give me a side hug.

"I hope so..." I said.

After an hour of wait with Kristine getting annoyed and frustrated with the investigators. My boss- Archer shows up in all business like in his crisp and wrinkle free suit with two men following behind him in suits as well.

"Clark, Hannah." He acknowledged them and looked at us. His blue crystal eyes stopped and looked at me with a straight face and my breath hitched. He's way more handsome than the pictures I've seen from the internet and newspapers. His hair was styled back and his face was cleared of any facial hair. His jawline and cheekbone was strong. You could sense power and confidence from him.

"You." He glared at me with hatred in his eyes and I was taken aback by his behaviour. "What do you want?" He hissed.

"Excuse me?" I said, not really appreciating his tone of voice.

"Sir." Clark interrupted. "She indeed had a file about you, but like we saw in the video.. she was handed the file, but have no contact whatsoever with that man."

"How do we know if she's telling the truth?" His eyes didn't leave mine and I raised one of my eyebrow.

"Why would I want a document about you?" I stuttered.

"Maybe you made that file about me. I don't know? You tell me." He said.

"How can I make a file about you, when I have never met you personally." I was baffled by his accusation.

He pinned me down with his stare that made me want to hide. He's very intimidating.

"I think it's going to lead us nowhere." Kristine said. "We are here on vacation and it's not fair that we can't hire a lawyer here to speak on our behalf."

Archer glared at me and then turned to look at Kristine, who was all business like with her shoulder straight and have a blank look on her face.

"Where are you from?" He asked looking at me.

"Seattle." I said and he doesn't seem surprised by that.

"It doesn't make sense that she's a spy.." Hannah interrupted. "She works for you in Seattle."

"Does she?"Archer asked breaking eye contact with me and giving me a moment to relax.His stares are excruciating and make me feel guilty, even though I did nothing wrong.

Hannah handed him the file that she and Clark brought with them. I wondered what was in the file. He looked through the file and frowned.

"She have every motive.." he muttered.

"We will need lawyers." Kristine said.

Archer give her an annoyed look. He clearly doesn't like the way Kristine is taking over the situation. I think if Kristine wasn't here, I would be in a much bigger trouble.

"She have every right to be silent." Bonnie said.

Archer looked at me and said, "You really work for my company in Seattle?"

I hesitantly answered a yes, is he going to fired me? I can't lose my job. I did nothing wrong except, I accepted a file from a stranger and now I'm in trouble.

"She can't possibly get your information when she works in Seattle and you are in Queens?" Hannah said.

"She may have gotten informations about me from Seattle and given out my informations and came here to collect the file." He said and I was horrified by his accusation.

I just came here for vacation after eleven years and here I'm in trouble. The only time I decided to treat myself a vacation is the time I get into trouble.

"I did nothing wrong. He handed me the file and I accepted it which was foolish of me, but what else could I have did than to keep the file with your details with me?If I left it over there, someone else could have picked it up and used it against you." I said looking him straight in the eyes.

"You could have contacted the police." He looked at me.

"I didn't thought about it at that time." I said. "I'm on a planned vacation."

"I find her suspicious and her motives are still not clear." Archer said looking displeased.

"We don't have any evidence apart from her receiving the files." Clark's said.

"Do something about it, then." Archer said raising his eyebrows at them. "My eyes will be on you." He warned.

"Is this even legal?" Kristine hissed looking at Archer. "Are you threatening us?"

"If you could cooperate with us. That would be great." Hannah said.

"We are." I said. "I told you the truth."

Archer looked at me for a brief moment and I wondered what was going on in his mind.

"I can't have you working in Seattle." He shake his head, and I was horrified by his announcement. He have got to be kidding me.

"That's not fair. You don't even have evidence that I know that man nor any evidence that I made the file." I was angry now.

He have a handsome face, but too bad he have a horrendous attitudes.

"Which is why.. I'm going to transfer you to the Queens." He leaned down to my height. He's quite tall, I think above six feet in height.

Let me recall.. I was suppose to be on vacation. Walk around a lot, live a fantasy life in LA, eat as much as I want and then fly back to reality. What I didn't have in mind was to have a talk about my future transferring to Queens from Seattle, my home since birth. I love Seattle for too long and I can't imagine moving from there.

"No." I said. I'm going to regret this decision. "I'm not transferring to Queens." I'm going to make him listen to me.

"Hang in there." Bonnie said. "I doubt you can do that.."

"I own the company." Archer said with a smirk.

"She will go to the boards and file a complain in the HR if she have to." Kristine smirked back at him.

"I own the company and I don't have to explain to boards about anything." He looked at me.

"Then I'm going to resign." I said after sometime.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading. Please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with other readers. Next update will be in the evening. Thank you.