Chapter 17

Bria's POV

I hung out with Ash and Josh for a few hours then asked Josh to drop me off. I had a date tonight and I am still hungry as hell.

When I got home, I was glad to have found the house empty. I raided the fridge for food as was shocked to only find bottled water. I was sure I left a fridge filled with food this morning. I checked the pantry and it seemed as though all the snacks and cereal had  disappeared as well. My mom was taking things too far. What am I suppose to eat? Is this even allowed? Where is she anyway?

I took my phone from my pocket and called to see where she was. The phone continuously rang in my ear. I was about to hang up when I heard her answer the phone breathlessly.

"What is it Bria?!" she snapped.

"Where are you?" I asked softly.

"Don't worry about where I am!"

"Mom, im hungry. I even apologized to you. Did you have to take things that far?"

"I should be asking you the same thing."

"Mom"

"You're lucky to still have a bed to lay your head in at night. "

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"It means what it means." she said and hung up.  I get that I gave her a bit of attitude but I did apologize for it. What am I suppose to do now? I felt drained. I am hungry and weary. She didn't even give me my allowance money. What kinda parent does this?

***

My mom got home later that night floating on air. She still didn't pay me any mind and I was at least glad for that.

It was ten thirty at night when Ace messaged me asking if I was ready. My mom had just went to bed and I wanted to make sure she was asleep first before I left. It want until eleven that I asked him to pick me up. I had packed an over night bag like he reqested and went downstairs to meet him. He had parked down the road and came up to my door to meet me. He pecked my lips and took my bag. We walked silently just enjoying each others company until I decided to ruin it. His car was no where in sight and I was not about to walk around all night. Im too tired for that.

"Where's your car?" I asked.

"At home" he grinned mischievously.

"Okay bye" I told him and walked back in the direction of my house. He grabbed me by my waist and pulled me to him.

"You promised me a date"

"Yes, but im too tired to be walking right now "

"Lazy" he coughed and I smacked him.

"Are you tryna catch these hands?"  he laughed again and we continued down the road. As we got closer i could make out the silhouette of a motor bike parked where he usually does. You've got to be kidding me.

"You got a bike?"

"I always had it but your friend refused to go anywhere on it so I always used the car"

"So what makes you think I'm going on that thing? "

"Because... Any girl of mine has to learn to ride"

"Ace.." I groaned.

"Come on baby" he said and positioned himself on the bike. He handed me his helmet and took off at break neck speed.  I was so scared I was literally holding on to him or dear life. His black T-shirt had already began stretching but its his fault. No wonder he asked me to wear pants.