five

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted."

"Addams, Richard!" A blonde haired boy with freckles on his cheeks nervously walked towards the stool. He sat there, and Lyra could tell his hands were shaking, but then the Hat screamed out,

"Hufflepuff!" The boy then let out a breath of relief before hopping out of the stool and running towards the Hufflepuff table.

Another student was called, and he ended up in Hufflepuff too, before Sirius was called out.

"Black, Sirius."

The Great Hall went silent, the Heir of the Noble house of Black, he surely would be placed in Slytherin. But hearing such powerful name caused the Hall to quiet down.

Lyra turned to the boy, who she knew was taking a deep breath, before putting on a confident face, and strutting over to the stool. It took a longer time to sort him, for about two minutes, before the hat called out,

"Gryffindor!" 

Sirius stared ahead of him with wide eyes, before his face broke out into a grin. The Hall was dead silent, but then the Gryffindor table burst into cheers. The boy hopped out of the stool, walked past them and sent a wink towards James and Lyra, who lightly rolled their eyes.

The Sorting went on, and when it came to the letter H, her name was called out.

"Hyperion, Lyra." 

The Great Hall grew silent once more. She knew her father was famous, and she missed her first sorting. The name Carrington didn't seem to be too praised, they were a very respected and rich family, but not that famous.

So, the girl simply rolled her eyes and confidently walked towards the stool. She saw Professor McGonagall raise an eyebrow at her confidence, and she noticed there was a bit of curiosity on Dumbledore's eyes. She tried to ignore him, not used to seeing the look on his face. As far as she knew, Dumbledore was sort of all-knowing.

And knowing something more than Dumbledore gave her great satisfaction. Oh how the tables have turned. She thought, Dumbledore knew about horcruxes because of Slughorn, and right now, he had no clue.

The hat was placed on top of her head, before it burst into life.

"Ah.. Miss Hyperion, we meet again. Or Miss Carrington, I should say?"

Luckily for her, only she could hear what the Sorting Hat said, if everyone else could hear them, she was ultimately screwed.

The Sorting Hat is a form of magic, not tied into one timeline, she remembered.

"Brilliant, still as intelligent as ever! More so, I dare say. I stand by what I said in the future, Miss Hyperion. You'd do great in Ravenclaw, but alas, you're still a lion by heart. Good luck on this life, Miss Hyperion. Gryffindor!"

The Gryffindor table burst into claps and cheers, Lyra had a proud grin on her face when she hopped off the stool and walked towards the Gryffindor table. Moments later, the sorting was done, and Dumbledore started his annual speech, before he said two words Lyra wanted to hear.

"Tuck in!"

Various kinds of food appeared within their sight, and Lyra immediately tucked in. While she was enjoying her meal, and conversation, she felt someone poking in her head. She immediately snapped her head, and made eye contact with Dumbledore, she gave him a blank stare, and from beside him, she could see McGonagall whisper something on his ear, staring at her.

She raised an eyebrow at the two, causing them to be taken aback, before she turned around once more and continued he conversation.

"What about you, Lyra? Favorite Quidditch team?"