Chapter 15 - Beaten

Me, Clem, Mike, Kenny, Rebecca, and Sarah sat around a table with the walkie on it, discussing who should deliver it to Luke.

Kenny: All right, we're all here. 

Rebecca: Someone's gotta get the radio out to Luke. What's the problem?

Kenny: We should figure out who's doing what before we--

We hear the gate open and Tavia walks in.

Tavia: Time to get up. Daylight's burning. They let you sleep in, all things considered.

Sarah: Where's my dad?

Tavia: He's where the rest of you are going. To work. Rebecca, Nick, Sarah, Jane... if you gotta take a piss, do it now. The next break won't be for awhile. Troy'll be coming for the rest of you.

Y/N: Great...

Kenny: Why just them?

Tavia: Like I said... Troy's coming for the rest of you.

Everyone but me, Clem, Kenny, and Mike leave.

Kenny: All right, look. If we're gonna do something, we gotta do it NOW, and if Luke's all we got, then we pair up with him.

Mike: I can do it. Where's the meeting?

Kenny: Mike.

Mike: Yeah?

Kenny: Clementine should do it.

Mike: Are you fucking kidding? I mean, no offense, but she's just a kid, why would--

Kenny: There's a million reasons. She knows Luke, she can hide, she got the damn radio for us in the first place...

Mike: So what?

Kenny: I'm sorry, Mike, but I don't know you from fucking Adam, alright?

Y/N: Why can't you do it, Kenny?

Kenny: Same reason Mike shouldn't do it. They'll notice.

Mike: Just give me the radio.

The gate opens and Troy walks in.

Troy: All right little chickens, let's get to peckin'. And don't think today's gonna be like yesterday. No way. No bullshit! This rooster's gonna be surveilling your ass every second of the day, you hear?

He looks at me and Clem.

Troy: I'm afraid I need an answer, kids.

Y/N: We heard you, alright?

Troy: Good. Let's fuckin' go.

Kenny sneaks the walkie into Clem's pocket.

Kenny: Oh, you have your pockets all out! You'll get your tags snagged on something.

Troy looks at them confused.

Troy: Let's go.

We were about to go to the roof, but Bonnie stops us.

Bonnie: Hey. The kid's are with me.

Troy: Oh, shit, I nearly forgot.

Bonnie: Uh-huh.

He shoves us with his rifle.

Troy: Take 'em then. I don't give fuck.

Kenny: Wait, wait. What's going on?

Troy: Mind your own fuckin' business.

Bonnie: Just chores of a different sort. C'mon, city mice. 

We followed Bonnie to the armory while I looked at Kenny worriedly.

Kenny: Can't you cut 'em a break? They rather be with people they know.

Y/N: What're we doing?

Bonnie: Don't worry about it. Let's go.

We walked away from the group.

Bonnie: I just wanted to make sure y'all were all right. I didn't believe y'all... when you told me about what Carver did to Y/N... and Reggie... I ran and found Bill once I left you. Figured if he did do it, he'd make up an excuse, but... he was just so matter-of-fact about it... like he pulled a weed or somethin'

She looks around and gestures us into the armory.

Bonnie: Y'all look anxious. Something wrong? Y'all can talk to me.

Y/N: We... we just need to talk to Kenny.

Bonnie: Do you now?

We nodded and she sighs.

Bonnie: You're uncomfortable... I won't force y'all to be around me. Just, go on and be with Kenny.

-----------

We're back outside where to comic store was. We see Troy standing outside the expansion.

Troy: Y'all better hurry that shit up! I hate babysitting you assholes.

We quickly went inside the comic store and looked for Luke, but we couldn't find him.

Y/N: Clem, he isn't here. We should go.

Clementine: But Luke said we should wait.

Y/N: I know, but Troy'll flip shit if he finds us in here.

Clementine: O-okay.

We walked outside and Troy spots us.

Troy: I swear to Christ y'all are gonna regret this.

He grabs us both by the arm.

Troy: Y'all been here one fuckin' day and your fuckin' shit up! Well, you wait and see what happens. MOVE!

He shoves us towards Kenny and Mike.

Kenny: Hey!

He leads us back into the yard and we see a beaten up Luke in the middle.

Carver: How is it that we're repaid for our trust? With treachery? With deceit? With theft!

Y/N: They caught him...

Kenny: Shit.

He holds up the walkie.

Carver: Whatever you were planning is over. It's done. You can't just ran from your problems. You can't just up and go when things get tough, tough is all we got now. Get that through your fucking skulls.

Carver: Luke here, he can't help you now... you gotta help yourselves... you gotta help me find the strength to forgive you. And you can start by telling me where the other one is. I'm going to count to three, if that radio ain't in my hand by then, we'll have to make things more difficult.

Carver: One... Two...

Kenny: It's right here! I got it.

He drops into his hand.

Carver: Three.

Kenny: Heh, fucker.

Carver then starting beating him in the eye repeatedly with the radio, I ran over to try to help him, but something smacks me in the cheek and I fall onto the floor.

Troy: You little fucker...

He then starts beating me in the cheek repeatedly with the butt of his rifle. I can feel myself losing consciousness.

Bonnie: Bill! Troy! That's enough, please! There's a breach!

I couldn't feel anything, I couldn't hear anything else. I closed my eyes, falling into a unconscious state.