Chapter 63

Hellooo, this chapter made my heart happy :)

***

Sinister's been annoyingly busy lately. Like, I know the guy runs the Russian Mafia and all that but you gotta have time for your sexy baby mama.

"Okay Mini Sinister, since your dada doesn't want to give me attention, we shall annoy him." I smiled mischievously as I pressed my hands over my stomach. I felt a little kick and I grinned.

I guess mini Sinister agrees with me.

I had been pretty down lately, Rachel and Afanas went back to North Carolina, and I had no idea when I would be able to see them next. I know Afanas had to ""kill himself"" in order to live peacefully with Rachel and their baby. But I was selfish and wanted to be with my friends. Afanas, Rachel, Sinister and this baby were the most important things in my life.

I missed Afanas the most. He was with me from the start, even before Sinister. I missed his explosive personality, I missed his big bear hugs and degrading nicknames for me. I even missed the smell of weed that seemed to follow him everywhere.

I couldn't even text him because Sinister and him were paranoid of anyone being able to track their messages and figure out that Afanas was alive.

I shook my head, snapping out of my thoughts as I trotted towards Sinister's closet. I grimaced as I saw one of his shelves labeled "My Drugs: Calla Do Not Set On Fire"

It's so funny that he thinks I'd ever listen to him. I grabbed one of the bags, filled with sealed marijuana, and little pouches of cocaine. He's such a loser, he has his drugs labeled.

Trotting out of the closet, I walked out onto our balcony and pulled out a box of my trusty matches.

Setting things on fire made my tail wag.

Just as I was about to light that shit up, I heard Sinister's voice interrupt my scheming.

"Calla, baby, what in the fuck are you doing?" He stood in the doorway, his towering height taking up almost the entirety of the door frame.

He wore his typical "I'm a Mafia man and I do bad shit blah blah" black suit. His jet black hair was slicked back. The sleeves of his suit ended at his wrists, gold cuff links revealing his tattoos that covered his arms. His sharp jawline was set in disapproval and he glared at me with those bright, icy eyes.

"I'm being creative." I shrugged, sitting criss-cross on the floor of the balcony.

"What're you wearing? Is that a cape?" Sinister frowned as he stared at me.

Oh yeah, I bought a Jedi Knight costume on Amazon. It made me feel powerful. I also had a light saber but that was still in the kitchen where I left it.

"Yes, it's a cape. What's your point?"

"I just, I don't think, ah fuck it never mind." He rolled his eyes as he crouched down to my level. "Calla why are you trying to set my shit on fire?"

"Because I'm lonely, annoying, needy and pregnant. And plus, you haven't been around lately. Me and Mini Sinister are lonely. And it's not like I can really be your second in command, ya know, cause I'm pregnant." I pouted.

He smiled slightly, leaning towards me and kissing my forehead. "Calla, I promise there is a reason I haven't been around."

I cocked my head to the side, "And why's that?"

He smirked, "You're about to find out. Come with me. Leave everything here, even your phone."

***

Okay, we've been driving forever. I'm not even being dramatic this time, we've literally been driving forever. I felt like I was going to physically blowup from boredom. The only thing keeping me mildly entertained was the kicks from the baby that happened every so often.

"Sinister, please tell me what's happening? You're kind of freaking me out right now. And everyone knows that you should never freak out a pregnant lady because we might start breathing fire."

He stared at me in confusion.

"It happens" I nodded confidently.

"We're almost there." He stated, sparing me a glance before focusing his eyes on the road.

"Where's 'there'?" I pleaded with him.

He didn't say anything. It seemed like we were in the middle of nowhere. I rolled my window down and listened as I heard what sounded like ocean waves crashing against sand.

"Are we near the beach?" I asked, watching as the car turned down a big gated driveway.

"We're here." He said simply as the car pulled down the long driveway. There wasn't a building in sight and I felt my heart start to race in anxiety and confusion.

Just as I was about to beg him to tell me what the fuck was happening, a house came into view.

No, not a house. A mansion. It was 5 stories high, with balconies everywhere. The house seemed to be hidden in the trees and brush of the forest. A fountain sat in front of the colossal building, water spurted out from the stone. I could hear the waves crashing all around us, and my mind flooded with absolute confusion.

"Sinister why are we here? Are we going on vacation?" I asked, looking at him from the passenger seat.

He didn't answer me, instead he got out of the car, walking over to my side and opening the door for me. He reached out and held my hand softly, pulling me out of the car as we stood in front of the mansion.

"I've thought about this a million times since I first met you. How I would protect you from my world, how I'd keep you safe. And it's taken me all these years to understand one simple thing...I can't. I can't keep you safe from my world. And I'll be dammed if I let our child, our little boy, grow up in this world. It's our duty as parents to give our children the chances we never had. It's our duty to protect them and love them. And in the world you and I live in...that's just not a possibility."

I found myself trembling, unable to speak. I held onto every single one of his words as I felt myself holding onto his arm for dear life.

"W-What're you saying, Sinister?" My lip quivered.

He looked thoughtfully at the house, "Do you remember how mad you were at Afanas when you found out what he did? How he had to practically kill himself in order to leave the Mafia and live in peace?"

I nodded fiercely

"How would you feel about never having to be scared for your life, for mine, or for our child's? How would you feel, knowing that we can raise our child in peace, protecting our baby from falling down and bullies at school, rather than men with guns?"

"I...I don't understand." I breathed, my eyes wildly searching his for answers.

"As of now, Calla...you and I died back at our house in an accidental fire. As of now...you and I are dead...we're free."

My eyes went wide as I put the pieces together.

Sinister did what Afanas did. Sinister faked our deaths.

He freed us.

I felt my composure fall apart as tears dripped down my face, and I threw my arms around Sinister, sobbing uncontrollably.

He did this. For me. For our family. He gave up his entire life, he gave up the Mafia for this baby. He sacrificed everything.

"This is our new home." He whispered, looking at the colossal home with admiration. "It's completely off the grid, away from all of those demons we have had to live with. We have new names, new lives, and..."

"And what?" I asked, wiping away my tears of joy.

"It comes with bonuses."

I frowned in confusion, when suddenly the front door to the mansion flew open, and Afanas and Rachel stood at the front door, smiles plastered their faces.

I am Home.

***
Xx
Aleksei