24 ~ Retribution

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

THE feeling was horrifying. Buong byahe ay mahigpit ang yakap niya sa braso ni Kielton. Doon siya kumukuha ng lakas ng loob na walang mangyayaring masama at maayos ang lahat sa kanila. Their travel went smooth despite of that gunshot that hit the chopper.

They arrived safely in a private property in Caticlan. The chopper landed in the helipad of the three story house. She can't really see anything, the place were surrounded by big trees. It's like a hidden paradise in the jungle.

"Where are we?" Kianna asked Kielton the moment they stepped out to the chopper.

He grabbed her hand and walk her to the elevator there. Hindi magkandaugaga ang mata niya sa tanawin mula sa itaas. Sa malayo ay pawang mga bulubundukin ang natatanaw niya. Tahimik sa buong lugar at wala na siyang iba pang makitang bahay na nakatayo sa malapit.

"One of my family properties."

Pumasok sila sa elevator, sumunod ang piloto at ito mismo ang pumindot sa palapag na hihintuan nila.

Kianna hug Kielton's arm when a face of that man popped up her mind.

What was he doing in Romblon? Why did he shoot the chopper?

Kielton kiss her head and caress her arm, telling her that they are now safe and everything is fine. Kahit hindi pa nila napag-uusapan ang nangyari, alam nito kung ano ang ikinakatakot niya simula pa kanina.

Bumukas ang pinto ng elevator at bumungad sa kanya ang malawak na sala. The floor was shiny and clean. The expensive chandelier is perfectly combined in the high ceiling. The furniture has a touch of modern Filipino design, she's impressed. The couches were color white, it's clean and it's refreshing in the eyes.

"Kielton!" A woman on her early fifty's called, she came out from dining area.

Her hazel eyes is misty with uncontrolled tears, she looks simply elegant on her cream midi dress. Her hair is in sophisticated neat bun and her face looks familiar...

"Mom,"

Binitawan niya ang kamay ni Kielton upang mayakap nito ang ina. She's watching the two and she can't help herself but to get emotional seeing Kielton's mother is so worried and at the same time relieve knowing that he's alive.

"I thought... I thought we lost you."

"Nah, I'm still here, still breathing." Kielton's said lightly and caress his mother's back. "Don't cry too much mom, it would give you wrinkles." Then he laugh heartily.

"Silly, young man,"

Umalis sa pagkakayakap ang mommy nito at muling tinignan si Kielton. She stared lovingly and motherly to her dearest son, while cupping his jaw using her both hands, she can see how much she missed him.

"I'm glad to see you here, son."

"Me too. I was surprise though."

"Your brother told me." Karrah Grande smiled, then her eyes suddenly went to her, she smiled even more. "Hi, you must be my son's girl?"

Kianna felt relieve. Ngitian lang siya ng mommy ni Kielton, nawala na ang pangamba niya na baka katulad ng magulang niya ay hindi rin siya nito magustuhan para sa anak.

Kielton put back his hand at the small of her back and pulled her a little closer to his.

"Mom, this is my girlfriend, Kianna Avarie." He introduced her but what made her smile is the way her names escaped his lips. She felt special.

"Yes, I knew it. I'm pleased to finally meet you, hija."

Lumapit ito sa kanya at bumeso.

"Me too, Ma'am." She responded politely.