Chapter 16 - The Escape Plan

Gonna switch stuff to 2nd person and see how that plays out. Let me know what you think!

You slowly opened your eyes and you see yourself on of the beds. You feel a sharp stinging pain on your right cheek. You felt around it and you feel a large bandage on it.

Y/N: Ugh...

You felt to arms wrap around you and you noticed it was Clem.

Clementine: Y--you're awake!

You wrapped one arm around her and sat up.

Y/N: What happened?

Clementine: Troy beat you... bad. A lot of blood was oozing from your cheek... Carlos said he split your cheek open and that it was pretty deep.

Y/N: Shit... just from a butt of a gun...?

Clementine: I guess so. He also said it will leave one helluva scar, but...

She hugs you tighter.

Clementine: I'm glad your okay...

You smiled and pull her into a hug.

Y/N: It'll take more to knock me down, heh. But... what about Kenny?

She pulls away and her face falls.

Clementine: I... I don't know... I've just been watching you this whole time. We should go join everyone else. We plan on leaving tonight.

Y/N: Oh, good.

You sat up and walked over to the rest of group. Sarita was crying while Rebecca tried to console her. She notices me and smiles.

Rebecca: Oh, Y/N. I'm glad you're okay... how're you feeling?

Y/N: It's very painful, but I'll manage.

Luke and Mike then walk over to us.

Rebecca: So, what'd she say?

Mike: She said she can get us out of the pen if we get the PA system going. Second she hears it, she'll run over and spring us.

Rebecca: That's great.

Luke: No, it's not.

Rebecca: What're you saying?

Luke: Look, I know part of this is my fault, I-- I know. I was hungry, I got reckless trying to steal some food, and I got caught.

Y/N: Why isn't it great?

Luke: Because most of us are beat to shit, or pregnant. And it's also risky as hell!

Nick: It is pretty damn risky, guys.

Mike: Risky? Did you see what that sonuvabitch and his psychotic associate just did? Look, the plan works. Nothing needs to change. It's all set up. The hard parts done. This guy's fucking crazy, who know's what he'll do next?

Luke: Well, we're dealing with a guy beat to shit. Sarita is in no shape to do anything, and me and Y/N are a goddamn mess! We should bide our time and wait for an opening.

Y/N: I'll be able to escape, Luke.

Mike: Bonnie's agreeing to help us tonight.

Luke: She can help some OTHER night.

Nick: I dunno, guys. Luke's making sense, Maybe we should wait.

Rebecca: We're NOT waiting.

Luke: There ain't nothing out there, guys. Trust me, I looked. They picked everything.

Y/N: We have to do it now, Luke. While the herds on it's way. I don't want to risk the herd passing us, if that's possible.

Clementine: Where's Kenny?