35

No one is thirdwheeling anymore in the book!

Jaehyun felt someone shaking him up and immediately broke from his dreamland only to find Nayeon's mother smiling down on him.

"Come down for dinner dear." She said and walked away while I went to the bathroom to fix my hair and sleepy face.

I went down and saw Mr and Mrs Im, Nayeon and her younger brother already waiting for me.

I bowed and sat down on the chair between Mr Im and the kid.

As the dinner progressed, there took place so many useless conversations but that's what I love about these conversations.

We talked about school, new films, Mina and football. They were always so nice to me and all I did in return was hurt their daughter.

"I'm very glad that Nayeon had started taking studies seriously. Pursuing a career in singing is very unlikely for everyone." Her father said and I looked at her.

She was looking at her father with a small smile.

"I'll do both dad. You'll see, I'll be one of the biggest names in Korea." She said and smiled at me too.

My best friend smiled at me!

I smiled back. Maybe things will turn out right after all.

After the dinner, we both helped Mrs Im in cleaning and then we headed to her room.

Nayeon entered first and sat on the edge of the while I took her chair to sit in front of her.

She looked nervous. An emotion that didn't suit her even a bit.

I took her hand in mine and stroked it slightly.

"I'm sorry Nayeon. For everything. I've been the worst best friend and I have hurt you so much in the past few weeks that I can't even forgive myself. I don't know what I was thinking but I can't stay away from you bestie." I said and booped her nose.

I took her bracelet out from the pocket and kept it in her hand. It will be her decision. She can accept it or throw it away.

She looked at the bracelet and looked at me with teary eyes.

"I thought I had lost this memory. I thought I had lost you." She said and started crying and I hugged her while she kept apologising for everything too.

I didn't need her apologies. I need her with me.

She calmed down after a few minutes and we both pulled away from the hug.

"About the kiss I-" I interrupted her.

"I don't care. I just want you to be happy. If you like that guy I can help you." I winked ignoring the pain that started arising in my chest.

"He forced me. He said he wanted help but then he kissed me forcefully." She said with hurt dancing in her voice.

"He took away my first kiss." She said ashamed.

I remember the times when she used to tell me that her first kiss would be magical and perfect. That bastard took the moment away!

I was beyond furious but when Nayeon held my hand again, I started feeling something weird turn inside me.

I grabbed her face and inched towards her.

"Allow me to change that awful experience. Let me make you forget about the petty excuse of a kiss. Allow me to kiss you." I said with our noses almost touching.

I couldn't understand what she was thinking but then she kept her hand on my shoulder and leaned forward for a kiss.

My first kiss and Nayeon's first real kiss.

🙈🙈🙈
Please vote if you like
Be happy and be safe