~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮 ~

Chapter Seventy-Nine: He's Innocent, I Promise

Lina was conscious when the Minster of and Snape were talking behind the hospital wing doors, she knew they were talking about her dad, that much was obvious so she decided to keep her eyes close in case Madam Pomfrey saw her awake and decided to ...

Lina was conscious when the Minster of and Snape were talking behind the hospital wing doors, she knew they were talking about her dad, that much was obvious so she decided to keep her eyes close in case Madam Pomfrey saw her awake and decided to make a fuss of her.

"It was lucky you were there Snape," the Minister said.

"Thank you, Minister" Snape replied.

"Order of Merlin, second class I'd say. First-class if I can wrangle it.!"

"Thank you very much indeed, Minister."

"Nasty cut you've got there...Black's work I suppose?"

"As a matter of fact, it was Miss Black Minister."

"No!"

"Black had not only bewitched her but Potter, Wesley and Granger" at her sides Lina's hands clenched into fists. "I saw it immediately. A Confundus Charm, to judge by their behaviour. They seemed to think there was a possibility he was innocent, they weren't responsible for their actions. On the other hand, their interference might have permitted Black to escape...they obviously thought they were going to catch Black singled handed or maybe Miss Black wanted to spend some time with her father, either way, they've got a way with a great deal before now, I'm afraid it's given them a rather high opinion of themselves and of course extraordinary amount of licence by the headmaster-"

"Ah, well Snape...Harry Potter you know...we've all got a bit of a blind spot where he's concerned."

"And yet - is it good for him to be given so much special treatment? Personally, I try to treat him like another student, and any other student would be suspended - at the very least - for him and Miss Black for leading their friends into such danger. Consider, Minister against all school rules - after all the precautions put in place for both their protection - out of bounds, at night, consorting with a werewolf and a murderer - and I have reason to believe Mr Potter has been visiting Hogsmeade illegally too-"

"Well, well...we shall see, Snape we shall see...the boy undoubtedly been foolish. But what amazes me most is the behaviour of the Dementors...you've really no idea what made them retreat Snape?"

"No, Minister. By the time I had come around they were heading back to their positions at the entrances."

"Extraordinary. And yet Black, Miss Black and Harry-"

"All unconscious by the time I reached them. I bound and gagged Black, naturally, conjured stretchers and brought them all straight back to the castle."

Lina slowly opened her eyes and looked over to Harry as he woke, she pressed a finger to her lips and then pointed to the ajar hospital door. Harry looked to his other side where Hermione laid also awake, she looked petrified.