Chapter nineteen: Fiona's secret

Lillian sat beside her former mentor, trying to crack open a dragon egg. 

''Well, that smells disgusting.'' Emma commented. Te only ones who could stand the smell were Rumple, Lily and Peter. While the others such as Snow and the twins were holding their hands in front of their noses. ''What is that?''

''A dragon egg that never hatched.'' Lillian explained, her head turning to the family members. ''And the dragon breath trapped inside is potent medicine indeed.''

''And that's how you wake up Blue? With a dead baby dragon?'' Lillian nodded as her mentor continued his work on the egg. 

''That's dark even for the Dark One.''

''Do you have a better idea, Miss Swan?'' He snapped back at her, Lillian taking the small scalpel from his hand as she continued his work. Peeling off another one of the scalps on it. ''That's the problem with Saviors, isn't it?'' Rumple asked as Lillian opened the head of the egg, allowing the green breath to enter the room. ''Never quite as helpful as advertised.'' When blue inhaled the smell, Lillian stood up, watching the fairy.

''Well, I guess neither are you.'' Emma commented after Blue didn't wake up. Lillian shot her a glare as Rumple got up with help from Lillian and Baelfire, walking outside while Lily sneered at Emma.

''Like that is going to help.'' Emma shot her a peculiar look before Lily exhaled loudly. ''Rumple is our best shot, you shouldn't --'' She cut herself of, her head snapping towards blue, hearing another faint breath. ''And as always ...'' She smirked as Emma let her head down, walking towards the door of the shop to get Belle and Rumple. 

''Blue? It's Snow. Blue?'' Snow questioned her, Blue looked up, a small smile tugging onto her lips. 

''Snow.''

''Hey. Tiger Lily gave me half this wand. We need the other half. Have you seen it? -- Where is it?'' Killian spoke within a second, Lillian softly pulling him back.

''Hook. Give her a minute.'' Snow told him, her head turning back to Blue when she spoke up.

''The wand is... it's at the center of Storybrooke.'' Blue spoke weakly. Lillian frowned when Snow moved her hands towards Blue's neck, a weird sensation filling Lillian's stomach. Peter, sensing it as well, pulled the twins closer to himself. 

''That's enough of that. We don't need you sharing all your secrets.''

''Mom? What are you doing?''

''Oh, I'm not your mother, Emma.'' The voice of the Black Fairy filled the room, Peter and Lillian quickly stepping next to each other, each of them protecting one of the twins while Baelfire grabbed his sword. ''I'm his.'' She added while nodding to Rumple before transforming back into herself. ''Now back away, all of you. Fairies have such delicate necks.''

''You should listen to her,'' Lily's head turned to David, who now held the voice of Gideon. ''Father.'' He than turned back to himself, Killian also grabbing his sword. ''She always makes good on her promises.''

''And what about the promise of a mother to a son?''

''Careful of your emotions, Rumple. They run strongly in our family'' Her head turned to Peter, who looked at the Black Fairy with hatred in his eyes. ''Just ask your father.'' Lillian took a step forward, glaring at the fairy.

''Peter isn't his father.'' Peter pulled her back, Liam softly taking his mother's hand in frighten. The Black Fairy shook her head at the teenager before turning to Blue again.

''As Blue is about to find out.'' She waved her hand around herself and Blue, disappearing into a cloud.

''I'm sorry I had to do this, Father. Goodbye.'' as Gideon went to wave over himself as well, Rumple pushed the non-magic cuff onto his hand, shaking his head at this second son.