3| "I dont give a fuck what side of the island you're from."

The next day I got dressed into a pair of mom jeans and a silk cropped tank top. I was completely barefoot which was a normal occurrence for me.

I drove my boat around the island in silence. It was really early in the morning which is the best time for me to relax and explore the area.

I drove by Topper's girlfriend's house and I saw the John B boy taking equipment off one of their boats.

My eyebrow cocked as I watched him put some scuba gear on his own boat. I pretty much figured out that he was probably trying to go down to the wreck to look around.

He glanced over at me and I turned my head away quickly as I just drove faster toward the marsh.

I don't care about his little expedition but I definitely wanted to be in the marsh before them so they can't tell me to leave. They definitely didn't want me around them at the beach so I bet they don't want me around their boat.

Right as I expected John B and his friends came into the marsh and dropped their anchor right by the wreck. I just sat back in my seat with music playing and watched them fight over who was gonna dive.

Scuba diving is a lot more complex than people assume and if they don't do it properly then one of them could die. That'd be a huge issue for the police to take care of an even bigger issue for the friends to explain why they stole scuba gear and failed to tell the authorities about the wreck.

"Ay, kook!" One of the boys yelled over to me and I stood up.

I walked toward the back of my boat so I could hear him better. "Do you know how to dive? It's kinda a kook sport" He yelled with his hands cupped around his mouth to make it louder.

I nodded my head and they all exchanged wary stares and I could hear the girl begging them not to let me help.

I rolled my eyes as I pulled the anchor out of the water and steered closer to their boat. I dropped the anchor a few feet away from them and watched them argue.

"Look, you put the thing in your mouth, and breathe. How hard can it be?" JJ asked with a small laugh and I scoffed as I shook my head, "if you come up too fast nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends" I said angrily.

I don't know why I was angry with them but I just didn't like the way he acted like it was a joke. As if it wasn't a life or death scenario.

"Bends, like bend over and.." JJ joked as he bent his back and laughed.

"The bends will fucking kill you" I stated.

"Oh," he muttered as he sat back down; embarrassed.

"I can dive" John B said and JJ nodded his head in agreement.

"Do you think he can do it?" Pope asked.

"Anything is possible until your heart stops beating" I shrugged as I just sat back and watched John B put on the gear and I made a few comments along the way to help him do it properly.

"Diver Down," JJ said as he pushed John B into the water and small bubbles surfaced as he sunk down to the wreck.

"What are you guys looking for?" I started to ask but police sirens cut me off.

"Shit" we all muttered as we tried to look normal and oblivious to the fact nobody is allowed to be in the marsh today.
Pope gave JJ the police boat's rope to tie it off.

"How you kids doing? You know the marsh is closed?" The officer asked and we all shook our head and exchanged fake surprised expressions.

"Wow we had no idea," JJ said and the officer mumbled something to himself that was inaudible.