𝗃𝖺𝗉𝖺𝗇𝖾𝗌𝖾 𝖽𝖾𝗇𝗂𝗆

my first ever oneshot, it feels so long ago now シ︎

♪ japanese denim- daniel caesar 

y/n~ your name

e/n~ (your) eye colour

r/n~ rival's name

b/f/n~ best friend's name

c/n~ crush's name

c/e/c~ crush's eye colour

c/h/c~ crush's hair colour

f/s~ favourite singer/band

♡︎

The streets were quite empty today. It was 6pm and I was walking back from school. I had to stay behind late because Ms Johnson, my bitchy English teacher, wanted to have a quick chat with me about my latest essay, which was on Macbeth. 20 minutes turned into 2 hours so now here I was, walking home in the relentless rainfall.

The weather really matched my mood coincidentally. Just today my best friend of 7 years, B/F/N, had completely abandoned me for no reason whatsoever. No matter how many times I tried to reason with her, it was no use.

"Sorry Y/N but I just don't want to be friends anymore. Our interests... differ and hanging out with you is far from what I want to spend my time on."

I buried my head in my hands, the bathroom luckily empty so only B/F/N could see me in this sorry state.

"Please just tell me what I did, I-"

"Shut up. I'm leaving. I've got other people I'd rather hang out with. Bye Y/N."

She gave me a light kick to the shins and sauntered out of the bathroom, giving me a last backwards glance. Her face one of pure hatred towards me, one I had never seen on her before.

I wanted to say something but I didn't. I lost my best friend. One of the only people I've ever cared about with all of my being.

What have I done?

I shook myself out of my thoughts, only to be sucked right back into them. Another thought, one that added to the sadness I was feeling today.

C/N didn't come into school.

I know, I know. It really isn't something to have a complete meltdown over but I'm just so used to seeing his smiling face everyday, his beautiful C/E/C eyes lighting up whenever he spoke.

I could feel my cheeks turning bright red, which made me pull my hood over my face even further. I knew nobody else was around but it was still embarrassing you know? C/N was one of my only weaknesses- and there weren't many of them.

I decided to lift my head up from the pavement and realised how far I'd actually walked. I was standing in front of the beach 10 minutes away from my house. I smiled to myself. I love the beach, and the fact that it was empty made me so tempted to just take my shoes off and run across the large expanse of sand towards the sea.

Well I would if I was less socially awkward and it wasn't raining like there was no tomorrow.

I averted my eyes from the very empty beach and was about to head on my way when I noticed a boy sitting by himself on a bench overlooking the entire beach.