..eight..

"Everybody know my name when I come through, but don't nobody scream it like you."

"I knew you were weird." Y/n blurted out. "My spider senses kicked in the moment I saw you."

"I could have told my story way before now if you had come to my dorm like I said before." Gwen said lightly.

"Yeah well, I got caught up in some spider stuff." Y/n said, standing up.

Gwen looked confused for a moment before she realized.

"Oh. You were there weren't you?" Gwen asked sadly.

"Of course I was, I was his sidekick." She said curtly, swinging away from the group.
........

"Y/n, I'm.... sorry, for bringing what happened up like that." Gwen said, turning around in her bus seat. Y/n was curled up in the window seat in the row behind Gwen, while Miles sat across from the blonde girl. Y/n sighed.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sorry too. I'm actually glad you're here. It's hard trying to teach spider boy when there's only hobo-man and I." She joked, earning a laugh from Gwen. Y/n turned invisible and climbed over into the window seat in Gwen's row.

"Yeah, you know it's kind of nice, not being the only spider person around." Gwen replied.

"...I'm sorry about your friend." Miles said.

"Well, if you ever decide to do friends again, I'm sure Miles and I could fill the slot." Y/n added.

"I'll.... keep you posted." Gwen replied.
.......

Y/n looked up at the cozy house infront of them. It was aunt May's house, she had been here so many times, she had so many happy memories here with her father. And now she was here with her father again, just a different version of her father.

"This is a bad idea, we should just leave." Peter said, turning to walk away. Y/n grabbed his hand and pulled him back.

"Hey. Auntie June loves the both of us, it'll be fine." She reassured, rubbing her thumb across the back of his hand.

"Auntie June?" Gwen asked. Y/n laughed a little.

"When I was a toddler, I couldn't remember which month was her name and I would accidentally call her June instead of May, and the nickname just kinda stuck."

"Are you ready?" Y/n asked, looking up at Peter.

"No." Y/n rung the doorbell with a web anyway.

"Guys I appreciate the condolences but-" as soon as May opened the door and laid eyes on Peter, her eyes began to water.

"Peter?" Walking down the steps of her stoop, she caressed Peter's face.

"Uh, hi aunt May, I don't know how to say this but, I think I'm from an-"

"Alternate dimension?" She finished. "You look older, and tired, and...thicker." Y/n stifled a chuckle.

"And y/n my baby, your mother has been calling me worried sick. She said she hasn't heard from you since the funeral." May said, hugging y/n tight.