🌸Hachi🌸

KOHARU

Wednesday (Later that day)

I quickly changed my clothes, and as I was tying my shoes Yuu knocked on the door to check up on me.

"Koharu?"

My full name?

It's been a while since I've heard him call me by that.

"Yeah?"

"Are you done? Hinata and the others are going to change now" He said from outside.

I rushed to keep my things in my locker before going outside. I saw Yuu completely dressed, behind him was Kageyama and Hinata in their uniforms.

"Gomen gomen! Did I make you wait too long? You can use the room now" I apologized and moved out of the way.

"Not at all Haru-senpai" Kageyama replied then went inside the room with Hinata.

I decided to tie my hair up and that's when I saw Yuu staring at me. "O-Oi, what are you staring at?" I called him out.

He shook his head but still locked his gaze on me. After I was finished I walked ahead of him with my head hung low. Because I looked up he'll probably see how red my cheeks are.

I feel like he's enjoying it whenever he teases me. Or is it just me? Ugh.

"Oi Haru! Wait up hahaha!" He said chuckling.

"Leave me alone you small idiot!" I shook him off still flushed. He just chuckled.

"Hahahahahaha! Are you that embarrassed that I stared at your face?" He asked and ran, trying to catch up to me.

Of course I picked the pace. His head will get even bigger if he saw my reaction. "Don't follow me baka! (idiot!)" I said trying to drive him off.

"Iyada! (No way!) We're both going to the gym and this is the only way" He said as a matter of fact followed by a laugh.

He suddenly got in front of me and grabbed both of my arms that I used to cover my face.

He's small but his strength is really of a man's. So strong.

But this isn't the time to be fantasizing about Nishinoya! I struggled and, flung my head to different directions to avoid him looking at me.

"Let me see your face Haru! Hahahaha!" said Yuu.

"Are you crazy? I don't want to!" answered the flushed and panicking me.

Why is this smol bean so strong? And why am I so weak against him?

"Let go of me-?" I started saying but I got cut off when he actually did. "Yuu?" I called out but his eyes were fixated to the persons inside the gym.

It was Tanaka and Shimizu-senpai, talking and laughing.

"Haru, let's go get the net from the storage room" Yuu suddenly said, still not facing me.

Nee (Hey) , Yuu, what kind of face are you making right now?

"O-Okay" I replied and walked behind him. It wasn't long after that, that Tanaka and Shimizu-senpai noticed the two of us.

"Oi Nishinoya! Kiyoko-san's here! Why don't you come over and join our talk? Haru also!" Yuu flinched hearing Tanaka's invitation, he wasn't moving or talking so I decided to do that for him.

"Maybe some other time Tanaka, we're going to put the net up and also the balls" I said, which sounded like an excuse, but it wasn't. Yuu said so that we should get it.

"Ah! Let me help you!" Tanaka replied, standing up.

"N-No! We can handle it! Besides, you should keep Shimizu-senpai company. Right Shimizu-senpai?" I asked and she nodded. I sighed in relief when Tanaka sat down again. "Then we'll go ahead"

Once we're inside the storage room, far from Tanaka and Shimizu-senpai, I slightly closed the doors.

"Oi Yuu, look at me" I tapped him on the shoulder but he remained still.

"I said look at me" I said again, "Hey it's just me. Why are you being so silent Yuu?"

He suddenly started turning around.

"Why....." He started trailing off.

My knees buckling up seeing his cheerful and happy face replaced with frustration.

No.

Don't show that kind of face Yuu.

Onegaisuru (I beg you)

".....Why is this so hard Haru?" he finally said and looked at me.

For once, in all of the years I have adored him, this is the first time I have ever seen him so vulnerable.

All I did was give him an embrace.

To at least stop his trembling.

"It's okay Yuu, I'm here"

Somehow this is cruel.

I'm here comforting the guy that I like who's heart got broken by the other girl he likes.

Kuso (Damn)

"Please don't tell anyone about this Haru, they shouldn't know and I shouldn't even be feeling like this in the first place" Yuu spoke, his voice breaking.

"You can trust me Yuu," breaking from the embrace I looked at his face. "Tell me everything"

Please don't.

Not all of it.

I don't want to know how you came to like her.

"It was supposed to be a simple admiration of Kiyoko-san's beauty. I never even knew I really liked her. Not until I started seeing Tanaka spend so much time with Kiyoko-san."

Frustration clearly written on his face, as he bit his lower lip.

"What the hell am I feeling, Haru?"

"The downside of love"

I don't know if what I said is for Yuu.

Or is it also meant for me?

e n d o f c h a p t e r