64. Why So Blue?

Setting an ambitious goal of trying to hit 500k in reads and 20k votes before the story end in 8 weeks! :o 

Black was sat on his old throne in his palace looking through a screen when suddenly the doors began to open grabbing his attention. A small Blue figure was caught in his eyesight as he closed his screen. The Gem in question was Blue Pearl and she remained quiet not even announcing herself.  

"Ah Blue Pearl, hello it's nice to see you again." Black says with a smile as he stand up from his throne and he glows as he takes up the form of Y/n. Blue Pearl bows her head. 

"My presence was required my Diamond." Blue Pearl says softly. 

"Blue Pearl please...like I told Yellow Pearl Black or Y/n will be just fine." Y/n says. 

"I'm sorry My Diamond but I cannot do that. It would be shameful to treat someone such as yourself without the respect they deserve." Blue Pearl says and she bows her head again. Y/n just closes his eyes and sighs to himself. 

"Well I can't stop you if that what you choose to do but please, don't feel obligated." Y/n says.

"I assure you my Diamond, I do it because I want to." Blue Pearl says as she looks at Y/n her eyes still hidden by her hair. 

"Well... I asked for you today because I discovered something I thought you might enjoy." Y/n says changing the topic.

 Blue Pearl's mouth parts a little and she is taken a back. "A surprise... for me? But I haven't done anything to earn such a thing." She says quietly looking down.

Y/n steps forward to Blue Pearl and gently use his fingers to lift her chin gaze up. "Of course you have. You don't have to do anything special to be worthy of praise or be treated with kindness." Y/n says to her with a smile and Blue Pearl's cheeks go a deep Blue. 

"Now let me show you the surprise." Y/n says and he leads Blue Pearl down the halls of his palace. The two stop in front of a door and Y/n opens it for Blue Pearl, Inside there is a large plastic sheet on the floor, on top of the sheet are two canvases on easels, In front of those appears to be a large TV from Earth, between the two easels is a two paint pallets covered in varying colours. 

"On my last trip to earth I discovered a show on painting that I thought you might like. You are very talented when it comes to drawing and I know Vidalia has mentioned painting in your class before. So I wondered would you like to try it?" Y/n asks but Blue Pearl stands in silence and memorisation as she looks at the two canvases set up. She takes a step forward and brushes her hand over the one of the canvases feeling the texture on her hand. Y/n stands and watches as she does so not saying a word. After a few moments of silence Blue Pearl turns to face Y/n with a big smile on her face and a tear leaking down from one of her hair covered eyes.

Y/n and Blue were now stood in front of a canvas each with paint pallets in hand and the screen set up. Suddenly a man with a rather large afro or perhaps a perm appeared on it and Y/n and Blue Pearl paid attention as the man began to speak.

"Hi, Certainly glad to see you here today. I thought We'd do a fantastic little painting here and I'm glad your here and you wanna paint along with me. So I'll tell you what, Why don't we have them run through all the colours across the screen that you need to paint along with me. " The man on the screen says and Y/n and Blue Pearl watch on with their paint brushes in hand. 

Around half an hour later the programme came to a close and on the screen is a beautiful painting. Off the screen however is a different story, Y/n was stood with his canvas only half covered as he admittedly struggled to to keep up.