72. The Future

And so here we are the final chapter. It's been an incredible journey. But one were leaving on a high. Almost 600,000 reads and 22,500 votes. You guys have been absolutely amazing since the very first chapter. If you have enjoyed this story then don't forget to check out my other works. If you haven't seen already (where have you been?) I'm currently writing a Mystery Incorporated story that you should totally check out. (I'm a sellout...) 

https://www.wattpad.com/965654804-the-mystery-within-1-welcome-to-crystal-cove

And with that, Let us begin with this final chapter towards

The future. 

Steven sets down a stereo on the beach. He then presses play on the stereo and backs up. A Korean workout track then begins to play. During this, Steven performs a exercise routine.

"Let's exercise! Cha! One... two!... Two... two!... Three... two!... Four... two!..." The Stereo says in Korean.

Suddenly Lion's roar can be heard and a portal opens just to the left of the stereo. Lion lands on top of it with Connie on his back.

"Good morning, Steven. One last routine before hitting the road?" Connie asks.

"Yeah... I'll be sitting for a while." Steven says.

Steven and Connie sit on top of Steven's bed with Lion on the ground next to them. Connie types on a computer on her lap, while Steven studies a map laid out in front of him.

"I'll be in Charm City in time for Shep and Sadie's concert, I'll meet up with you and Lion on Providence Island when you're touring schools, and then I'll catch up with Lars for our weekly space hangout." Steven says.

"I'll add that to your Boogle Maps doc. So... how did everyone take the news?" Connie asks him.

"I basically told everyone in Beach City – plus my dad – but, I haven't told the Gems yet."  Steven says sheepishly. 

"You gotta tell them!" Connie says.

"I-I know, I just have no idea how they're going to take it. They've been so protective of me these last few months since my meltdown. I wonder if there's a way I can let them down easy." Steven wonders.

Steven now wearing his pink jacket stands at the foot of the kitchen table, facing the Warp Pad, where Y/n, Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl return from.

"Oh, Steven! Were you waiting for us?" Pearl asks.

Steven opens a cooler full of homemade Cookie Cats.

"I sure was." Steven says.

"Whoa, Cookie Cat!" Amethyst says surprised.

"I thought they stopped making them." Pearl says.