28

Third Person

"You have feelings for her, don't you?"

These words keep echoing inside Ryujin's head. She heard Heiran's voice asking Leia before she opens her own door. But what makes her want to go crazy was because she doesn't know what the answer is.
Actually, she has a guess of what the answer was base on what Heiran said next.

"Ah, so that's why you want to be so close to her!"

"Did Leia perhaps said yes?" Ryujin talked to herself, wondering if it's true. "No way. There's just no way she felt that way towards me."

She badly wanted to know the answer. For the first time ever, Ryujin is so impatient and determined to find out something.

"Jaein-ah..." Ryujin asked in concern when she spotted Leia walk out of the elevator and toward their dorms. Leia looked tired, dead, and haggard like she has already given up on life.

Just by the tone of Ryujin's voice, Leia could tell how worried she was. In order to push that feeling off of her, she forced herself to stand up straight, staring at anywhere else except Ryujin.

"If you're planning to talk about what happened in the morning then don't." Talking about Heiran only reminded Leia of how Ryujin is already taken and how she's the disturbance to their relationship by seeing her neighbor.

"No, I wasn't planning to talk about that," Ryujin said in the quietest voice.

"I was just wondering if it's true that....."

"...you have feelings for me." Ryujin straightforwardly stated.

At that, in split second, Leia's whole frame frozen on the spot with her eyes widen. Startled, Leia felt her heart leaped to her throat when she realized what Ryujin just asked. She swallowed, couldn't believe what she just hears coming out of Ryujin's lips.

*It sounds like she already knows.*

"I'm sorry." Leia bit her lower lips.

"I know it's wrong and that it's not supposed to happen but... It did. I do see you as more than just a friend."

Leia's answer turn Ryujin speechless. Leaving Ryujin questioning how did she not know this earlier. A moment of silence falls like a thick blanket of awkwardness embracing the two.

"But I'll get over these feelings for you soon. So don't worry about me." 
Leia was embarrassed, so embarrassed to the point that she just wanted to burst and cry her heart out now that Ryujin knows about her feelings.

Leia's eyes were red and watery but she holds on to those tears with all the strength she has left. Leia doesn't want to look like a burden in front of Ryujin who cries because Ryujin doesn't return her feelings. Leia didn't want to look broken in front of Ryujin. Most importantly, she doesn't want Ryujin's pity.

The quietness let the two sink into their thoughts.

Ryujin was lost in her own complicated feelings once again. Her heart yearns for Leia, it wanted to tell her that she shouldn't stop her feelings for Ryujin. However, Ryujin knows that it would do so selfish of her since she has Heiran in her side.

Ryujin is so confused, she's not sure about her own feelings. But she hopes that she will figure it out soon before she lost the one she truly loves.

Leia couldn't sleep. Normally, she could sleep after hitting the bed in a mere minute, but now, the minutes turned to hours and she still couldn't find the drowsiness to bring her to slumber. Instead, she can only stare up at the ceiling in the dim room restlessly. Her eyes were wide awake, big and alert.

Her mind traces back to what happened hours ago. The image of Ryujin looking down and concern after Leia confessed her feelings. "She must feel so uncomfortable because of me."

If only she knows about the sleepless girl on the other door staying up thinking about Leia. But unlike Leia, Ryujin hasn't realized her feelings yet.

Without looking, her hands reached for the phone which was sitting on the nightstand. Her blurry vision from the tears giving her a hard time trying to find Lia's name on the contact list.

Leia tiredly presses dial and her childhood friend picked up the phone almost instantly.

"Is there anything I can help you with, Leia?" Leia let out a little chuckle at how her childhood friend can sense that something is wrong.

"Yeah.... She found out I like her." Leia sighed.

"Did she said anything," Lia asked on the other line.

"No, nothing. However, I think she pities me a lot." Leia's heart dropped. "I don't want to see her anymore. I don't think I can handle seeing her."

"Okay, I'll tell her to stay away from you!"

"What? No! Lia, it's not her fault that I like her. It's my fault, so why is she the one to stay away?" Leia stated.

"So what do you want me to do?" Lia sincerely wants to help.

"Holiday break is coming in a few days. I'm thinking of leaving for Gwangju early and hopefully by the end of the break I can finally move on." Leia told him.

"Okay." Lia nodded on the other side.

"Hope you have fun on the trip, Leia."