E I G H T

Darkness cannot drive out darkness. 

Only light can do. 

Hate cannot drive out hate, 

Only love can do. 

EIGHT: FIGHT & RING

CLEANING THE DISHES and wiping my hands on the apron I grab my phone and lean back on the marble kitchen island. 

(4:42 PM) 

Mr. Raymond:  My place. 

Timings are 9 o'clock.

After rechecking that THE MISTER THEODORE RAYMOND texted me, the next thing which drew my attention was how he texts only the basics, nothing less and nothing more, point to point. 

How professional!

I scoff. 

And just how THE MISTER THEODORE RAYMOND texted me, in the same way, THE MISTER THEODORE RAYMOND also asked for my phone number. And, again I was going to marry THE MISTER THEODORE RAYMOND! 

Did you squeal? 

But a frown too over my face causing a chemical reaction to take place in the pit of my stomach, something weird and dampening. It felt as if I was losing my independence to him. Compromising, communication, and compassion - were the words which needed to be incorporated in my dictionary. I didn't know how much I would be able to cope up. 

But, why is he calling me to his place? For some reason, as I think of his mansion, the first thing which appeared in my head was the password meter. Smirking to myself, I said it out loud, "Not that I don't know the password of his house. Smart me. *pats my shoulder*. Again, why am I not a thief? I would make money in no time!" I wondered. 

And when I looked back on the screen a frown engraved on my lips. 

(4:43 PM) 

Mr. Raymond: For that, you have mastered at breaking-in, don't hesitate to come inside. 

***

A massive white mansion with lavender rooftop, a queue of seven cars parked on either side, garnished with a beautiful aromatic garden that I saw. Breath-taking. Marching up the stairs as the sound of my car keys juggled, I typed the same code. It opened with a 'tick' sound and I muttered, "So he hasn't changed it yet." 

And when I stepped inside my jaw hit the ground and the sound of soft music filled my ears, playing at a distance. A sweet pleasant smell of lavender and jasmine lingered in the air. This time all the lights were shining in their full glory, the chandelier in the center-hung so gracefully, emitting diamond light rays.

 Last time when I came, I remember only the chandelier was shining, emitting fluorescent, unlike this time. Just below the chandelier was an expensive-looking leather sofa set that surrounded the box-shaped shining wooden table. 

There were additional wooden side tables, belonging to the family of the central one, over which white long and slender glass pots were kept with purple lavender flowers and leaves topping them. 

White and brown color kissed all the elements in the room. Right towards my left was a massive white pot with a tree several feet high, the leaves and branches spread profusely on the top creating a shade.