Chapter 22

The week went quickly for Hermione and Draco. As planned, Hermione went with Ginny on Wednesday to find something to wear to the party held later that week. They were both excited to shop with one another and took advantage of the time. They got dinner when Hermione got off work and then went to the shop. Hermione had called ahead, and the manager even kept the store open a little late for them. 

Hermione decided on a red dress that she saw in the window as they walked in. She didn't even have to try on anything else. She loved it. It had a low V in the front with long velvet sleeves. The middle belt separated the velvet top from the satin bottom that sad a slit up the leg. She felt confident in the dress, and she twirled around the store, remembering that the first time she tried on the dress she wore to the Yule Ball. 

Ginny got decided to get a black dress with some off the shoulder sleeves. It was elegant, and she felt happy with her choice. It fit great with the new baby bump that was starting to show, yet she still felt sexy in it too. She and Hermione loved their dresses and were happy that they got to shop together. 

"You know Hermione, ever since you started hanging out with Draco, you have started hanging out with us more again," Ginny had brought it up while they were at dinner, and Hermione had no idea how to respond

"I suppose that's true,"

"Do you know why?"

"Not really; I guess Ron just made me realized that I wasn't even present in my own life. And then with everything that Kingsley said before he made me take that vacation. At first, I was trying to cut back on work so that Ron would notice and maybe move back in. But when we actually broke up, I guess I really just missed Draco when I was away. I forgot how much fun we had together. I was tired of missing my life."

"I, for one, am happy that you are happy. Plus, I like having you around."

"Me too Gin, I missed you guys,"

It was the night of the party, and Hermione had just got out of the shower when Draco pop into her flat. She wrapped the towel around herself and walked out into her bedroom.