29

Leia's Pov

"Why are you leaving so soon? This is just too sudden!" Yuna pouted as she stared at me with her puppy eyes. 

"Yeah,unnie! The school didn't even end yet." Chaeryeong commented.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help it, I miss my parents so much." I force a smile as Lia and Yujin sigh. 

"Be careful on the way, Leia," Yeji told me.

"Yup, I will." I nodded. I'm planning to buy the train ticket after school and leave tomorrow. So I decided to bid these guys a proper goodbye before I go,

"What the hell, Leia is saying goodbye to us but where is that Ryujin?" Chaeryeong asked the group.

"Probably with her girlfriend." Yuna innocently replies and Lia hits her on the shoulder for mentioning that.

"I expect a happy and brand new Leia when you get back," Yujin spoke quietly to me.

"Yeah, same." I smiled.

"I'll see you guys in a bit. I need to put all of this in my locker real quick." They nodded as I gather all of my belongings. However, when I was about to depart from the cafeteria, I felt a vibration at the side of my jacket. I took it out from my pocket and the screen shows a message send by Ryujin.

Cold Eomma: Come to the hall next to the main office. I need to talk to you.

I sighed, staring at the message on the screen and thinking to myself about what Ryujin would want to talk about. I put that thought of aside and decided to go there after I put this stuff in the locker.

Third Person

H

eiran quickly put Ryujin's phone down after she saw Ryujin return with the cup of water that Heiran requested her to get.

"Just go straight to the point, Heiran." Ryujin handed her the cup emotionless.

"Ryujin, I'm so sorry..." She didn't make any eye contact with Ryujin. Instead, Heiran was staring down at her finger that was holding the cup Ryujin handed her.

"I know it was immature of me to do that, but I couldn't help it. I only acted like that because I love you and I can't stand seeing you with any other girl around you." Heiran blurted out.

Ryujin couldn't care less, really. Ryujin was too tired of all this. After that incident, Ryujin finally knows the true side of her crush. No, her past crush. Heiran was nothing like Ryujin would be, and the image of that nice girl she last year fade away in Ryujin's mind.

"I promise I would never do that again. Forgive me please, Ryujin?" Heiran grabs a hold of Ryujin's hand but Ryujin brushes it away. Enough for Heiran to know that the answer is no.

"Ryujin, just what do you want me to do?!" Heiran pleaded but Ryujin's eyes just look at her with her unimpressed eyes. That eyes contain no feelings left for Heiran.

Time is running out and Heiran knows it, she needs to act quickly! She needs to show Leia that Ryujin is truly hers!

Heiran blinked a few times when a coming figure catches her eyes. It's Leia.

"Ryujin!" Heiran stepped closer, standing on her tiptoed before pulling Ryujin by the back of her neck until their lips collied. Everything happened in a flash before Ryujin knew what was happening. It was too quick for her to even react.

Wrong.

That was what Ryujin felt when she comes to realize the situation she's in. Ryujin uses her strength and pushed her away but it was too late, Leia saw all of it.

What Leia just witness makes her felt like a sharp blade piercing through her fragile heart, ripping it apart into so many pieces. Her eyes widened as the pain grew inside her chest.

She knows that they are dating and kissing are only natural for couples but she was not prepared for this. Not when she just confessed her feelings to Ryujin yesterday.

Why did Ryujin text her in the first place? For her to witness this?

Leia had wished she didn't see the messages so doesn't have to see them. She had wished she had never fallen for Ryujin the first place because the pain she has risked it, was unbearable.

Run.

Her whole body and mind told her.

Runaway. Now.

And so she did. Leia forced herself to whirl around and walk away down the hallways, neglecting the curious eyes settling on her.

"Leia wait!" Ryujin called when she turned to her other side and saw a familiar back caught her eyes.

"No!" Heiran holds on two of her arms tightly like a little kid holding on to their new toys. "You're not going anywhere!" 

"Heiran, let go of me!" Ryujin watches as the figure got smaller and smaller from her view and the totally disappear from her sigh.

Ryujin's heart tightened, looking at the direction in which Leia ran to. Ignoring the judgemental eyes of the few students in the hall, Ryujin ended up pushing Heiran off her and Heiran fall on her behind in the process.

So without other seconds to waste, Ryujin had listened to the screaming voices at the back of her head and started running forward Leia. Ignoring Heiran's cries, Ryujin accelerated her quick footsteps hoping she can catch up to Leia.

She continued to run and ran after she ran out of the hall, listening to her heart which tried guiding her to the unknown, to nowhere. Every direction she turned and looked have no sign of Leia. The campus is crowded with students, how can she possibly find Leia now?

Ryujin waited outside of Leia's classroom, only to be given the news that she didn't attend class. Ryujin then dashed out of the school and check to see if she's at the dorm. She could hear the faint sound of itzy members calling after her, questioning where she was going and what happened but Ryujin put them at the back of her mind as she set Leia as her priority.

"Leia, are you in there?!" Ryujin turned Leia's doorknob, trying to see if there's a chance that it is unlocked. It wasn't.

"Open the door, Jaein!" Ryujin turns to her side and presses her ears against Leia's door. She could hear some rustling noise in there and was pretty sure that it came from Leia.

"Jaein I know you're in there, open the door please." Ryujin begins to desperately bang on the wooden door.

"Hear me out, Jaein!" The back of her hands is now reddened from her banging on Leia's door.

"Are you alright?" An old ahjussi asked with a concerned look, wondering why this girl was making such a ruckus. Ryujin know this man, he was the grandpa that owns the dorm.

"I'm sorry." Ryujin panted. "I just wanted to see the person who lives h-"

"Ah, are you perhaps looking for the young lady?" The grandpa asked.

"Yes!" Ryujin nodded.

"Sorry, but she left about 30 minutes ago." The old man stated and both of Ryujin's shoulders sank.

"Thank you, grandpa.."

Now that she has absolutely no luck finding Leia, Ryujin defeatedly returns to her own dorm. As the door closes, she could feel the stinging in her heart as if someone ripping it to piece.

Ryujin knows now.

She finally figured out herwn confused, complicated feelings that she was too blind and dense to know before.

"Leia, our feelings are mutual now. So don't you dare try to run away from me."