The Kiss And Tell

Chapter Thirty-One

Ariana Belle

My lips burned, my cold finger tips kept running over my bottom lip as I walked back to the pack house.

My feet stumbling over rocks and branches on the ground.

And my mind kept running back to that kiss. The feeling it held.

Out of all the things I could feel through it, love was the most prominent. And it scared me.

'Don't be an idiot Ariana. We have our mate who we love.'

I know I do love Caleb.

I replied to my wolf calming her from her outburst.

'So why are you thinking of that pathetic lower class dog.' She growled.

Anger swelled in my chest as she talked ill of Jake. No matter what I knew Jacob, and I knew he was better than half the Alphas out there.

He's a beta for goodness sake!

Don't Rose.

I growled back quickening my steps like if I could outrun my mind, my wolf, and my feelings.

'You forget we are the same person, the same wolf, and I can see how much you are thinking of him Ariana!'

Shaking my head I burst into a sprint, not caring if branches cut into my legs or tore at my dress.

All I wanted was to clear my mind. To ignore everything other than nature.

But I couldn't, not for long.

Breaking into the clearing I stood in front of our massive pack house.

Where my mate and my pups were. Waiting for me to come home.

And a couple miles away was my best friend my everything waiting for me at the river.

How could I chose between my love, my family, and someone who I loved and who was there for me throughout most of my life.

'You know who you'll chose every time Ariana.'

Rose muttered quietly. Her anger melting off as my heart began to race.

I knew as well. But walking into that house, I knew everything would change.

The pack would be able to smell Jake off me. They must've heard him already and to know that he had been so close to their Luna.

It would cause a rampage.

They didn't trust him anymore. He abandoned us when we needed him the most.

And then Caleb.

He would burst with anger.

And now I wasn't sure I could assure him that my feelings, my heart, belonged to him only.

"Hey darling."

Turning back I smiled at my dad, Gerardo. "Hey dad." I sighed as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"What's on your mind?" He asked pulling me along with him.

"Nothing dad." I smiled.

"Don't lie to me. You know I could always tell when you lie sweetheart."

Breathing in I stopped walking and stepped away from his hold.

"How are you and mom?"

Frowning he crossed his arms, "It's tough but we love each other. So we're working on it.."