8. Singing lesson

The meeting lasted for another 2 hours because there were actually so many things that I and the production team have to decide together. Well, to be honest, it was more like they were telling me what they've got planned for me.

My B-side song is called Young and Free, which is a more funky and playful song. Although there are rap verses, I'm assured that vocal teachers and producers will be there to help me. The other songs on the mini album are amazing as well, I can't wait to start recording them!

I head to Namjoon Sunbae's studio and he's already there working on something.

'Annyeonghaseyo, Shannon! Ready to record your first song ever?' He asks me, still being as nice as he was when we first met.

'Yup, Namjoon Sunbaenim, thank you so much for giving me such a beautiful song!' I reply.

He laughs gently and says, 'you know I was going to save this song for the BTS vocal line for our next album, but Bang Sihyuk, oh, I mean, Bang P.D. nim insists that I save this song for his newest debut. To be honest, I was really surprised that the next debut that he kept talking about turned out to be a girl.'

I tilt my head and say, 'oh really? I heard that Bighit entertainment never takes any female trainees.' Suddenly remembering what Sav told me before I came to Seoul.

He nods,' yeah, and we still don't. You're gonna be our first female artist in years!'

Now I'm feeling more pressure than before. Bang P.D. has never mentioned to me that he literally snatched a song from BTS to give me as a debut track! Why did he even choose me to be his company's first female idol in years in the first place?

The door suddenly opens and in comes the dinner thief.

'RM hyung, are you busy right now?' He asks Namjoon Sunbae without even acknowledging my presence.

'Oh, we're just starting to record Shannon's debut title track,' Namjoon Sunbae explains.

Dinner thief takes the fastest glance at me and turns around and says, 'ahhh, I see. I'll come back later, bye hyung.'

Namjoon Sunbae doesn't seem fazed by his abrupt visit, he turns to me and says, 'sorry about that. Let's start recording now. How's your Korean learning?'

------------

'Alright! Let's take a break,' Namjoon Sunbae says.

Recording a song is so much harder than I thought.

I walk out of the recording room and Namjoon Sunbae gives me a bottle of water. ' Thank you, Sunbaenim.'

The disappointment in my voice must be so obvious that Namjoon Sunbae notices, 'Shannon, you were doing a really great job just now, why do you look so sad?'

I sigh, finally looking up at the producer of my debut track, 'great job? I only recorded the first 3 lines of the first verse in the past hour! How is that good?'

He giggles, 'it's completely normal! No one said recording a song was easy! And it's your first time ever, don't expect too much! I remember Jiminie used to cry because the P.D. nim was being so harsh on every single line. But it's good because the songs all turned out at the highest quality.'