Shubh Mangala Saavdhan

Saanjh was looking at her Mehndi and her chooda (Bangles Punjabi girls wear on ocassion of their wedding and wear it upto a certain period of time) wondering what's happening...

She was looking out of the window which was all decorated with white orchids...she could see the beach was throwing it's water to the shores...(Goa beaches are beautiful she thought)...

Saanjh was having a destination wedding at her ex father in law's beach facing villa in Goa as daadi had wished this to be done and had also written the beach house on Saanjh's name as her wedding gift from her loving daadi'

Suddenly she felt a hug from behind and it was Ria... Saanjh's childhood friend ... Saanjh quickly hugged Ria

' That Mehndi chooda looks stunning' Ria winked at Saanjh...
Saanjh just broke the hug and went standing by the window staring blankly at the waves hitting the shores...

Ria kept a hand on Saanjh's shoulder turning her around and said
' I thought you'll be happy'

Saanjh blankly said - 'I didn't even see him.'

Ria was shocked.. Ria was like ...'come let's meet him ...his family has reached and they are having refreshments in backyard...'

Saanjh blankly sat down saying ' What's the use Ria ...this is just a compromise..a pleasing wedding to make daadi leave peacefully...'

She just dragged Ria quickly to the other room which had a nurse sitting by the side and daadi lying on the bed.... Ria was perplexed and looked at Saanjh...
Saanjh just closed the door and took Ria back to her room

She breathed heavily and said ' I know she's dying...but she should go peacefully ' and she brokedown like a baby...

Ria hugged her tightly...made her sit on a nearby iron chair...she saw a bottle of water kept nearby...she poured it into a glass kept next to it and handed it to Saanjh and asked her to calm down...

Saanjh leaned back on the chair and said ' life is such a gamble' and gave a laugh...

Ria said...' Relax... The guy's family looks pretty decent...there was no typical jumping dancing around...just a bunch of people who arrived in a car...no ghoda (horse) baraat (wedding cart)
They respect your opinion Saanjh...

Saanjh didn't utter a word...
Ria quickly tried to make Saanjh's mood lighter by saying

' Hey you know what the guy looked quite hotttt...he's 6'2 something...sexy bod...u gal..' she teased Saanjh...

Saanjh burst into laughter saying ' you are a sample...by the way you saw him?'

To which Ria said 'nope...just saw his back ...your dad made him wear huuuuuuge sehra'

she laughed (sehra is a floral headgear that covers a groom's face as it's believed inauspicious for groom and bride to look at each other till wedding rituals get over)

Ria just held Saanjh's hands and said 'Come on now get ready..I wanna show my jiju (brother in law) that my Saanjh is no less a bomb...

just that this 5.5 will need a tiny little ladder to reach your shoulders' she winked and they both burst into laughter...

Authors POV-
Even during the toughest situation in life if you have a true friend by your side to share your sorrows and happiness.. life's biggest hurdles can be overcome

At the mandap (Alter):

The panditji (priest) said jay mala ka waqt hogaya he kanya ko bulao ( it's time to exchange garlands get the bride)