special request - fawn x reader one-shot

i can't tell you how many times this has been requested. fawn is the reason i put sweater weather into the playlist. also it's been a minute since i last wrote fawn so this might be off,, im sorry. anyway!! this is a non-canon one-shot requested by rviddle pxppaisdabest Sea_nama . this is for you guys lmao.

note - the reader and draco are not dating. you can imagine this being during whatever year (1-7) you want.

~~~

I walked into the flowery Hufflepuff common room and took a seat on the loveseat in front of the fire. After a long day of classes and homework, I was exhausted and just wanted to relax in the fire's warmth. I took a deep, calming breath and closed my eyes.

The door to the common room opened and I sat up to see who had walked in. At the sight of my best friend, Fawn, I felt my face heat up slightly. Her brown hair was up in a loose ponytail and her smile was bright on her face, lighting up the room as she walked through it. She hadn't worn her black robes today, choosing instead to sport the simple white blouse and black skirt we wore under our robes. She looked gorgeous, as always.

Fawn sat down next to me and sighed, tilting her head back against the couch cushion. It showed off her nice jawline, and as much as I wanted to admire her beauty, I forced myself to look away. I put my hands over my face inconspicuously, trying to hide my growing blush.

"Jeez," she said quietly, "I hate history."

"Same." My voice shook ever-so slightly.

"Did you do the homework?"

"Yeah."

"Can you help me with it, please?"

"Of course," I said, standing up to get my papers from my bag. "It was the essay, right?"

Fawn nodded a yes and I grabbed my parchment paper and a quill. I put them on the small coffee table in front of us and she moved closer to me. Her shoulder brushed against mine slightly and I felt my face heat up again; I ignored it and started explaining the essay to her.

"You know how Helga Hufflepuff was . . . why are you staring at me?" I said, trailing off as her eyes gazed at my face.

"Hey, Y/n, have I ever told you how absolutely perfect you are?"

The blush returned to my cheeks instantly. "What?"

"You're really pretty."

I laughed nervously, looking away so she wouldn't notice my pink face. "Thanks. . . ."

Fawn grabbed my chin gently and titled my head up again so she could look into my eyes. "History is boring. Let's play a game."

"But your essay—"

"I can do it later."

So, still sitting shoulder-to-shoulder, we ignored the history homework and merely focused on each other. In the soft lighting of the common room, she looked even more beautiful, if that were even possible.

"Hm," Fawn mumbled, thinking out loud, "truth or dare?"

"Oh, um . . . dare."

Fawn smiled softly to herself, staring into my eyes longingly. She thought for a moment before saying, "I dare you to kiss me."

Disbelief spread through me as I processed her words. "You what?"

"Did I stutter?" she said, making the usually-harsh words kind with her sweet voice. "Kiss me."

"Like, on the lips?"

"Yes, Y/n."

I gulped slowly and leaned forward, titling my head slightly. She closed her eyes and brought her face forward, connecting our lips with the gentleness of a kitten. After a quick moment, she pulled away, covering her smile with her hand. I turned away instantly, not wanting her to see the red blush that found itself on my face once again.

"Your turn," she said.

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Okay, um. Do you have a crush?" I asked, cringing inwardly at my choice of words. Out of all the questions to ask, that was the one I chose.

"Of course, silly. Okay, truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"How do you feel about me?"

My eyes widened at the question. Coming from her, it was odd, but I wasn't going to lie to her. I swallowed my pride and started speaking.

"Well, Fawn, I-I really like you. You know, more than a friend. You're just, ah, so sweet and pretty, and I don't think you feel the same, and that's fine—"

I was cut off as her lips slammed into mine again. She pulled away after a short second and said, "Don't worry, Y/n. I like you too."

This time, I was the one who initiated the kiss. Her lips were soft against mine and her arms slowly snaked their way around my neck, her hands rooting themselves in my hair to push me closer to her. I put one of my hands on her jaw, the other on the back of her neck. Together, with her, I was in Heaven—I couldn't keep myself from smiling into the kiss.

Far too soon for my liking, Fawn broke away from it, breathing heavily. "I've . . . been waiting for that," she said, her voice slightly hoarse. "You're so beautiful, Y/n."

I laced our hands together, kissing her knuckles softly. "As are you."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙨 (𝖽𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗈 𝗆𝖺𝗅𝖿𝗈𝗒 𝗑 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝖾𝗋) 🎉