Chapter eighteen - Misunderstanding

Mandy POV

I never been a fan of parties. But its Alex parents anniversary I decided to come anyway Alex and Lucy will be there.

We arrived in the venue, it was so beautiful. I thought I will be left out since I don't socialize a lot. But Alex accompany me and introduce me to his fellow friends, relatives and business partners. I admit I was moved I never experienced like this before.

Then I spot Lucy who seem to get bored. I asked Alex to let me accompany Lucy for awhile. He said OK and he will be right back till he finished greet all their business partner.

Lucy and I have great time. We talked and laughed. Thank god she's here cause I don't know anyone to talk other than Alex. Just then when I was about to look for Alex. I saw a certain blonde girl who seem so familiar to me. I think I saw her in the restaurant where I meet Alex for the first time.

She jump into Alex and he caught her. The suddenly they kiss passionately without caring the world around them. I was stunned for a moment then I try smile to Lucy. Lucy did not saw what happen. So I excuse myself and I told her I will go to the restroom.

Once I inside the restroom. The tears that I hold back roll down my eyes. I painful feeling inside my chest is unbearable. For the first time I felt my heart broke into pieces.

A sudden realization hit me all of the sudden.

"What did I do here?"

"I am supposed to help him recover not partying?"

"Why did I let myself fall? I'm so stupid stupid?"

A series curses I throw to myself. Feeling a little relieved. I call Marialle. Thank god she's on duty tonight in the hospital.

"Hello" she said

"Hey! I was wondering if the hospital is too busy maybe I can go there and have overtime?" I told her. Trying to cover my sadness tone.

"Well its always busy. But you attend party right? Why work here?" She bombard me with series of question.

"I will go there OK. Please get a pair of casual clothes in my locker. And meet me in the parking area of the hospital. I will explain to you later when I get there." Then I hung up the call.

I went outside and look for Alex parents. I told them I need to go to hospital because theirs a sudden emergency.

"Are you OK dear?" Priscilla asked me. "You don't look fine. If this is about what happen awhile ago. Please hear Alex out. I think he have reason"

"No its OK Priscilla. Its not about that don't worry. I gotta go my phone keeps ringing now."

"How about Alex? Did he knew?" Antonio asked

"I cant seem to find him. Please let him know for me. Bye and happy anniversary both of you". I hug them and I ran fast.

I took a cab and asked the driver to take me to Saint Luke Hospital where I was work.

I immediately spotted Marialle in the parking area. I asked the driver to stop there and give him money.

When I am out Marialle look shock.

"Wow your so beautiful? Its my first seeing you like this?"she said

"Get a grip women. Give me my clothes I need to change first. We went inside the restroom located near the parking area. I changed my gown into casual clothes and I wash my face to remove the make up. I went outside and Ready for Marialle question and answer portion.

I told her about what happen. She hugged me and said

"That's ok, at least now I know your human. Before I thought your a robot you don't get attractive to opposite sex. But now I am proving myself wrong hahahaha" she joked to me. I know shes trying to make me feel happy.

"Yeah! Yeah!yeah! " I mimicked her.

"Come on, there are still a lot of men waiting for you to say yes! Cheer up and don't cry. Its strange seeing you like this. I love the strong, no care and robot like personality of yours" she said playfully. While tapping my back and caress my hair.

"Your not helping at all" while I shake my head.

"Not helping?" She asked me.

"Yup! Its my first heart break then you want me to date again.? Your not helping at all!"

"I just want you to forgot about it." She said.

I shake my head and smiled towards her.

"Nah, I just need a couple of operation to make my brain function normally. I guess being in love is not good for my brain. Come let go"

We went upstairs and I immediately look for schedule. Good were having two operation. This is what I need. This is where I belong.

I inhale the scent of mixed alcohol and medicine. Feels good to be back home. I smiled and I do my work.

The hospital has been busy so I forgot for a moment my aching heart. I work and work till I don't care about the time. This is the normal me and I should always remember it. This is where my place. The place where I can be myself.

A sudden tap of my shoulder brings me back.

"Let go our shift is done? Where do you want to go? I mean rest? My place or in that penthouse?" I know she is worried about me. So I smiled to her.

"I'm OK, I will go to Alex penthouse. I can pretend that nothing happen" I told her.

"You know, you can abandon him. His recovering and he doesn't need a doctor to take care of him"

"No! His memory is still incomplete. I will finished our work. Don't worry I can handle myself. If I cant, I know your place. I can crush in there. I don't care when your in intimate moment with mark" I told him while laughing.

"Fine! You know anytime you can crush in. You knew my pass code to my apartment. Mark will understand I love you first before him. Chicks before dick. Hahahaha" she respond to my joke and I am happy that I have a friend like her.

She drop me in front of the building where Alex penthouse located. I slowly walked and pray that I can handle this day.

I hope so.