Chapter One

"Come on, Jessica! Please come out with us

"Come on, Jessica! Please come out with us. The boys will be coming too!" my best friend, Kimberly, begged. "I'm not in the mood to party tonight. I have to get up in the morning and meet a client for an important meeting." I tell her over the phone.

My name is Jessica Mendoza. I own a very successful real estate firm that once belonged to my mother. My father left my mother when she was pregnant with me. So it's just always been her and me. Unfortunately, When she passed away because of a car accident, I inherited her business and her mansion—all of this at the tender age of twenty-one. I am now twenty-three years old, So you can imagine how I must be feeling taking on these responsibilities when I should be out there having fun with my best friends. Instead, here I am at home in my office, drawing up leases for my clients. Rubbing my Temples as my friend Alexis speaks. Yeah, these girls have me on a three way phone call.

"Come on bitch, let's go out and have fun! Stop being soft. If you get a hangover, just take one of those hangover pills. Plus, Nate and Jo will be with us. We'll be fine," Alexis insists. Sighing, I give in.

"Ugghhh, fine! But the first round of drinks is on you girls. Why don't you and the boys come over and get ready at my house? You see, I have this big ass house to myself now," I say to her.

Before they respond, I say, "Actually, I have to go girls, Nate is on the other line. Come over by 7. Bye bitches." I then switch over.

"Hey, baby," I said to my boyfriend.

Me and Nathaniel, better known as Nate, have been friends since Elementary school, and he's been one of my best friends for years. But for the past five years, he's been showing interest in me, and over time, I wound up developing feelings for him. Especially when my parents passed away because he was there for me day and night when I needed him, so we've been dating one another for four years, and I couldn't be happier with him. He treats me wonderfully, but I barely see him due to my work schedule and his. You can say we're pretty busy, but when we do see one another, it's the best time in the world.

"Hey doll face, I missed you. Are you coming with us tonight? It won't be the same without you," Nate sweetly says.

"Yeah, I am. You know these girls can be persistent. Although, if I get too drunk, you WILL be carrying my ass out of the club."
Nate chuckles, "You got yourself a deal, babe. I miss you. You've been working way too much, and I don't like it."

I sigh heavily on the line, " I know, but who knew running this real estate firm would be so exhausting. I could use a few days off, honestly".

"Mmhmm. How about after you meet with that client tomorrow, I take you away for a few days. I think we both need it," he says.

"That sounds like the best idea you've come up with. Just me and you in a hotel room with nothing on," I tell Nate, smirking.

"Yeah, I know. Damn baby, just thinking about you naked in a hotel room gets me all flustered." He says

"Mmhmm. Well, just think about what we'll be doing tomorrow after my meeting." I say seductively.

"Babe, I gotta go." I laugh on the phone at the thought of how worked up I just made him.

"Bye, babe. See you tonight, love you," I said.

"Love you too," Nate says, laughing as well then hanging up.

Damn, just thinking about tomorrow has me all worked up. time for me to shower and lotion my body while I wait for the girls and boys to arrive.

 time for me to shower and lotion my body while I wait for the girls and boys to arrive