Chapter 37| Noah (part 2)

I park in front of the well lit huge building and swipe my palms on my jeans. Why do I feel nervous? It's not like I haven't done this before! So the anxiety building up in the pit of my stomach is unnecessary to say the least.

I exhale loudly and groan with how stupid I'm acting right now but rub the wheel of my baby for good luck, just to give myself some courage. I grab the paper bag of goodies that are resting in the passenger seat and get out of the car.

Slowly i climb the stairs to reach the front door. I keep looking in awe every which away I can and try hard to stop myself from whistling.

Man! This place is great! 

I linger for a moment when I reach the huge double door hesitating to ring the bell. Tapping my foot nervously I ring it. I inhale to relax and put on my game face and try to look ok, not like the nervous wreck I'm feeling.

"Arthur, I'll get that!" I hear her yell from the inside and frown a bit. Who the hell is Arthur?

In a few seconds the door opens and I raise my sight to face her, not being able to stop the smile forming in my face.

She is wearing black yoga pants  and a oversize white buttoned-up shirt tied up in a knot in her abdomen. She has her hair down in loose curls and her face is glowing as she is smiling to me.

"Hey pot." She says and comes closer. I take a step towards her and lower my face to kiss her lightly. "Mmm.." she says with her eyes closed for a second. "Come in, don't just stand there." She continues motioning me to move inside.
"Who's Arthur?" I ask raising my brows. I thought we were gonna be alone.
"Oh, he is the housekeeper." She says and it's like she is saying the most natural thing the world. Like everybody has one. I scoff annoyed looking at her.
"You mean your butler? Are you secretly Batman? Cause I got to tell you managed keeping your identity secret quite the long time."
She laughs delighted and pushes me further in.
"You're such a nerd!!No one calls it butler anymore. And I'd watch it if I were you, I may have a secret lair hidden here with no way out." She is being a smartass trying to tease me, mischief clear in her eyes.
"If that's the case could I have the Batmobile, please?"
"Oh for God's sake just get inside." She signs pushing me in, closing the door behind her.

Once inside I'm in a huge hall, the size of my room at the dorms if not more, and I look around the place. Everything is white marble along with some grey touches here and there. A little further inside I can see the stairwell that leads on the second floor and to my right is the living room. 

I'm trying so hard to keep my jaw from dropping to the floor because this is fucking insane!

There is a huge white sofa, that qualifies as a bed, facing a massive TV screen above a same size fireplace. A grey fluffy rug is spread across the floor matching perfectly with the blue pillows on the sofa.

This place is so classy, I'm at a loss of words.

"So… what do you think?" Rachel bumps me lightly in the arm standing next to me as I take in the surroundings.

"Um.. I'm just waiting for the camera men to show up." I mumble still looking around.

"What for?" She questions and I look at her. Her brows are frowned and she looks confused.

"Isn't this where the Kardashians shoot their show?" I look at her smirking and she laughs out loud throwing her head back.

"Oh come on. Don't make it such a big deal. It's just a house." 

I snort in derision but don't say anything as I don't trust myself. I'll probably say something stupid and mean so I bite my tongue to keep me quite for a little longer.