Part 38: Please I Do Not Want a Heart:

"Look who is here!"

Joseph slammed his palm to his face then rubbed it down to show his obvious aggravation to the sudden visitor.

"Aw! Come on, is this how you treat your one and only precious friend? Admit it, I am the only spice in your story line."

Joseph just give him a 'really?' look and then went back to his work.

"You are so boring." Benjamin shrugged his shoulders and then throw his body to the couch. "You were certainly more appealing back then." He fell on silence like reminiscing of the past.

"How far are you reminiscing?"

"Yeah, I am getting old. I've been thinking of the old days this past days. I wonder if I am gonna die soon?"

"That is not funny." Joseph gave Benjamin the usual sharp look. His jokes are not funny most of the times, but he is getting worst lately.

Benjamin surely the upbeat type of person but no one knows what really the man thinks inside that brain of his nor it is really have something beside his flamboyance. However, his sudden dark remarks ever since he seen the prophecy which is the last gift of the Diamond seal before it moved on to his son, is making this flashy man a bit pessimistic.

The day of the prophecy is near and as someone who is doing their utmost best to derail it from happening, Joseph does not want to entertain pessimism.

"There are quite a lot of movement in the west."

Joseph looked up and saw the rare serious face of Benjamin.

Clover Country is the one protecting the borders in the west. The first prophecy entailed that the fall of Clover Country will be the beginning.

Clover might be the weakest out of the four countries of the Empire, however, it is not so weak that it will fail protecting it's borders which it had been perfectly protecting since the founding of the Empire. The countries outside the Empire been trying to attack starting from the Clover thinking it is the easiest way in, but all this years no one had been successful.

"How was your daughter?"

"Why you ask?" Joseph's eyes became sharper than before and now there is glowing glint from his scarlet eyes.

"Hold your horses! I cannot even ask now?" Benjamin sighed heavily. Now that Joseph look at Benjamin, the man surely lost some weight and look stressed.

"You are not being poisoned, are you?"

"What?! Ahh..." Benjamin look down to his body. "Can't it because I am working hard as a prime minister?"

"If you are, you will not be here."

"Why are you so mean to me?! I need some love sometimes you know!"

"Why come here? Your Father lives in the same Castle as you are."

"Gehh! You giving me gibbies."

"Gibb- you and your weird dictionary."

"Well back to the topic, you are so good at changing topics."

"Tsk."

"Well it is important, probably the most important. You, trying to ignore it or moreover denying it might kill us all."

Joseph lower his gaze and act like he is going back to his work. Benjamin cannot be stop anymore though, it is a topic that they cannot set aside anymore.

"We believed that the new Clover seal bearer will resurface and that will give Clover Country two seals on their land, but there is no such person. Right now there are two possibilities, the death of Magdalene was the start of the first prophecy and we are entangled in that fate now and our ending is death unless a miracle happens and win this fight against our destiny. Or-"

"No..."

"So you have thought that far too. But it might be sounding like tragedy to you but it is hope for everyone else."

'Hope...'

Joseph remembers the small body of the girl who tried to shield her friend. She subconsciously act upon it, but the sharp glint of her vermilion eyes were not like kahel's, my brother's nor his. It is eyes he had seen couple of times, the eyes of the 'God's most favorite child.'

"That child is a child of Spade."

"But her fate, doesn't belong in Spade."

Joseph angrily swung his arms making all the documents and ornaments on his desk fly to the side of the room.

However, it is not only Joseph who is trying to survive and deny the prophecy. Benjamin is at his limit too.

"Magdalene gave the seal to your daughter, that is why she lost the blessings of the seal and become open to diseases and curses. That is why she died just like that."

"How is that possible?! You cannot transfer the seal just because you wanted to!"

"This is the Clover seal."

"It is! It is Him who decide! My daughter is not a reincarnated soul!"

"Everyone is a reincarnated soul!"

"What now!? You are being religious to me now?!"

"What?! You are the who started it! Well technically the Clover seal is a holy seal! A holy power!"

"Does that make sense? The Spadians having a holy power?! We kill our own flesh and might as well eat it! This whole country is burning in hell since day one!"

"Why are you giving your sins to your child?! She is still far innocent from what all the Spade had done from the past!"

"She is my child! It is her destiny to inherit all of it! Moreover she is a Royal! The dirtiest blood in this Empire, no the whole world!"

"Now you are just sounding like a common Spadian!"

"I am a Spadian!!!"

The two men paused and start breathing heavily. The atmosphere is still quite heavy. Benjamin scratch his head then sat back down and massaged his head with both of his hands.

"You want to proceed as if the first prophecy is taking place already then?"

Joseph did not respond. His mind is now all confused from stubbornness and denial.

"In a year or so, we are eradicating all country at the North and West."

Benjamin declared his final decision. He looked straight to Joseph's eyes.

"As the prime minister, I am telling the strongest Knight of the Empire to command the front lines. This is actually the dirtiest but also the easiest way out of this prophecies, we kill then we live"

There is only heavy breathing in the air. Benjamin stood up and gave his final words.

"If you plan to plant your daughter here in Spade, wishing that she is a dirty beast just like you, then kill more lives, probably when all this is all over, your wish will come true, as you held her in your arms."