Chapter 3

Y/n L/n's POV

"Ah, Y/n. When did you get there, Captain?"

"A few seconds ago" She chuckled. "Where's your brother?"

"Went to go train" The girl with cat-like eyes replied while flipping another page of the book she's reading. "Hey! When did you get that?" The captain who surprisingly had the same name as me tried to snatch the book from the other's hands but quickly retreated them when her friend tried to slap her arm.

"Don't be so selfish, it's not like I'm going to steal it from you. I'm just borrowing it" She rolled her eyes and focused on the book again. "I still don't get why your dad gave you this as a birthday gift. It's useful and all but you were like 9 back then"

"Yeah, giving your 9 year old daughter a book about danger beasts is kind of weird. That book scared the shit out of me back then because of how scary some of the dangers beasts drawn in it looked" Y/n plopped down beside her and let out a contented sigh when a gush of wind gently blew past them.

They were sitting at their usual spot on the field where they used to play at as children. The sun was shining and the tree they were leaning on provided them the shade they needed. In short, it was relaxing and perfect.

"And I remember how my idiotic brother got scared with you while I laughed my head off" The young female beside the captain chuckled at the memory.

"Oh, c'mon, cat-eyes. Will you forget about that already? It's in the past, I'm braver now"

"Speaking of past" 'Cat-eyes' closed the book and stared at the blue haired girl beside her. "Do you remember that promise the 3 of us made when we became knights?"

"We made a lot of promises, be more specific"

She sighed and slapped the back of the captain's head. "Ow! Hey, that hurt!"

"I was talking about our promise of always coming back alive, you idiot. How could you forget?" She scoffed as the other chuckled nervously. "Oh, you meant that one"

"Why are you suddenly bringing it up though?" Y/n asked.

"No reason, just wanted to remind you of it since I heard you were assigned to a new mission with the boss. A dangerous one I hear"

"Oh, don't worry too much. It isn't as bad as you think it is. We're just going to get rid of some A-class danger beasts on some forest in World 2"