..twelve..

"It's a miracle that Galileo never found you, cause if he did he'd say the universe revolved around you."

It was dead night in the city of New York. Everything was quiet, the lights of clubs and bars were on and flashing, giving way to the appealing illumination of artificial light, but if you were high enough in the air, you could still see the light of the moon.

Deep into the her own mind, y/n took a break from swinging among the tall buildings and perched herself on the roof of the tallest one she could find. She sat down, legs dangling over the edge. In the distance she could see Miles swinging her way. He docked on the same roof and sat down next to the girl. Y/n took off her mask, Miles following suit.

"Midnight swings are much more fun with you here." Y/n commented, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"I'm still surprised you kept having spider powers from me for so many years." Miles chuckled, testing the waters by bringing his arm up and around her shoulder.

"Well actually, I kept something else from you to." She said, sitting up .

"And what's that?" Miles asked, a confused expression on his face.

"I never told you how much I love you." Y/n replied with a blush adorning her face.

"I never told you how much I love the way your cheeks go red when I call you baby, I love the way your eyes light up when you talk about art, and I absolutely adore the way you say my name sometimes. Miles you make me feel like I'm the only girl you've ever known. The way you treat me creates butterflies and your smile makes my heart melt. You've waited for me to make my mind up for years and I'm finally ready to say that I love you Miles. I love you so much." Y/n looked to Miles, he was star struck.

He waited years just for a chance to hear those words from her. He was so happy he could cry.

"I love you too." He said breathlessly. He wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly.

"I love you, y/n. I love you." He said it over and over again.

Y/n pulled away from the hug and grabbed Miles' chin. She leaned and Miles held his breath with his eyes shut tightly.

"Oh wait!" Y/n said quickly.

"What?" Miles asked. Was he doing something wrong? Did his breath smell bad? Had she changed her mind?

"We have to go about this the Spider way." Y/n stood up and shot a web at the antenna overhead. She held the web that kept her suspended upside down with one hand, while she pulled her mask over her eyes with her other hand.

"Cmere Miles." She said. Miles walked over to her carefully. He could already tell what she was going for, the scene in the original Spider-Man comics where Spider-Man kissed MJ upside down, but he was nervous. This was his first kiss, and doing it upside down seemed intimidating.

Y/n chuckled and pulled Miles by the front of his suit closer to her.

"Don't be nervous, this is your first kiss isn't it?" She asked.

"Waaaat? No, I've kissed plenty of girls- yeah it is." He mumbled.

"Don't worry, you're a fast learner, just follow my lead." Y/n said softly.

Taking her index finger, y/n lifted Miles chin so that it was level with her. Finally placing her lips against his, she softly held his chin. Miles closed his eyes, enjoying the blissful moment in it's entirety. And after a few seconds, she pulled away slowly.

"..wow" he breathed.

"How's that for your first?" Y/n smirked, pulling her mask off and placing her feet back on the ground.

"Amazing. Just like you." He smiled.

"What a charmer, I like it baby." She laugh as Miles blushed.

"I prefer the term 'heart slinger' it's fitting." Miles said, wrapping his arms around y/n's waist.

"It really it." Y/n replied, pulling Miles in by the front of his suit and kissing him just as the sun began to rise.

"I love you, Baby."

"I love you too, My sunflower."