Chapter 7: Steve's Discovery of His Daughter

I felt like you guys had enough of Jocey's captivity, so back to Steve

I felt like you guys had enough of Jocey's captivity, so back to Steve. Also, another long chapter.

2012

After Steve Rogers woke up from the ice after 66 years, he felt lost, depressed, and it was difficult to adjust in a world that moved on without him. He was extremely sad that he missed his date and dance with Peggy, and knew that most of his friends had died or grown old.

For the first few weeks, he was in S.H.I.E.L.D's
safe houses which was the Retreat. Then, he moved to an apartment in New York City.

While he was there, Steve was looking through files of his friend, which S.H.I.E.L.D gave to him. He found that most of them died, including Howard Stark, but he had a son named Anthony or Tony for short. Steve also found out that Peggy was still alive, where she lived currently, and her phone number.

Steve looked at the phone in the apartment. "Should I call her?" he thought. "No. I shouldn't. I don't want to shock her, and she might not be ready. I'm not ready."

As Steve looked through Peggy's file, he saw another page in the file that interested him. He took the paper in his hand and saw that most of it was censored by the highlighting of the black sharpie. He could still read a few words in it though; it read:

Daughter:                           Carter (the blanks means it is censored by the black sharpie)

Father: (again it's censored)

Born: December 17th, 1945

Died: January 15th, 1954; cause of death is unknown;                 Carter was home alone at 6:25 p.m when Margaret "Peggy" Carter left her home to go on a S.H.I.E.L.D mission. When she returned, she found her home blown up and so she tried to search for               , but she wasn't found. S.H.I.E.L.D then tried to search for her for several months, but the case went cold and assumed                died.

Kept a secret from everyone else except from S.H.I.E.L.D, her mother, Howard and Maria Stark

Steve froze when he read the date of the birth as it sent curiosity into him.

"Why was she born eight months after I went into the ice?" Steve questioned in his head. "Unless... No, it can't be. We had protection that night."

The date still raised suspicion for Steve though. He decided to ask Director Fury about this, and if he won't tell him, maybe he'll ask Peggy later.

He looked through the page again to find more information, but couldn't find anything else; there wasn't even a picture of her.

"I guess S.H.I.E.L.D really did want to keep her secretive," he thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~