I miss you already

LISA POV

"Hey, um I've just got Lisa's homework and notes from today. Can I go up and explain some stuff to her please?"

I shoot up in my bed and throw the covers off when I hear Jennie's voice from downstairs. I hadn't been able to talk to anyone for almost 3 days.

"Okay, but please don't be too long!"

Two sets of footsteps approach my bed room. Is Jisoo here too? My door swings open and my two friends are smiling at me. But it's not a happy smile... the smile you give someone that you're trying to comfort.

"Hey Lis..." Their voices are soft. Gentle. "Miss Park told us what happened."

Jennie sat down on the edge of my bed while Jisoo walked around to my side and sat down beside me, pulling me into her. "Are you okay?"

I hold back tears as I shake my head. "Not really". Once the first teardrop broke free and rolled down my cheek, the rest followed in a stream. Jisoo leans down and kisses the top of my head while Jennie scooches closer and rubs my leg.

I clench my fists, not knowing whether or not I should be mad, sad, or just give up. I could feel myself silently screaming. Why the fuck did I even tell my fucking mother?!

From the outside, I could tell that my body looked calm, although if it were compared to how chaotic my mind was... people would think I'm absolutely insane.

"She looked like a wreck today Lis... she's worried about you. She walked into class looking like she had not slept at all"

"Do you want to talk to her?" My brain triggering what seem to be obsessive thoughts. I nod quickly at my friend, wiping the tears away from my cheeks.

Jennie hands me her phone, the most recent messages from my girlfriend's number.

Received - 2.46 pm
Hey. Jennie said that she'll let
you message me back. But I miss
you so much already

Sent - 3.57 pm
I miss you too. How are you?

God, why hasn't she written back yet?

Received - 3.59 pm
I'm okay, love. How's your mum?

Sent - 4.00 pm
She barely talks to me. But she did
come in this morning and kiss my
forehead when she got home from
her night shift... I'm not allowed to call
anyone, go anywhere. Even school.

Received - 4.01 pm
I figured. I couldn't take my eyes
off of your seat today. I really
miss you. It's only been 2 days but
I want you here so bad.

Sent - 4.02 pm
My mum is calling me... but I
promise I'll talk to you again
soon. I love you ❤️

Received - 4.03 pm
Okay... I love you too ❤️