21

Alice

"Thanks again Ally but you really didn't have to help. The HR club has this covered!" She lisps.

"Nonsense. Brodie destroyed your machine the least I could do is help." I say softly.

Gen smiles and grabs the box, heading over to the table Nelson was at.

I start to organize the metals again trying to remember the pattern Gen told me to follow.

"Want some help?" I hear from behind me and look over my shoulder and see Marc.

Yay. Marc...

"Uh, sure thanks," I say and mentally slap myself.

He walks over to me and starts sorting metal pieces like I was doing. Only he does it faster.

"Look Alice I want to apologize." He says running a hand through his curly black hair.

"For what?" I ask rolling my sleeves up to my forearms.

"I know it was a while ago but I truly didn't know that you actually wanted drinks at that party and not a Lil Marc Madness. And for that I'm sorry." He says then bows. I cringe at his apology.

"It's okay Marc. But maybe get consent first next time." I say seriously and he looks nervous.

"Yeah... Nick made sure I knew that." He mumbles and my interest is peaked at the mention of him.

"What do you mean?" I ask and stop sorting metals to look at him.

Marc looks at me with wide eyes. "By golly, I wasn't supposed to say that." He gasps covering his mouth.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Marc you just said-"

"Shush!" He exclaims with wide eyes. Gen and Nelson look over at Marc's sudden outburst.

"Look Alice you're nice and all but never speak of this again. I'd prefer not to die." Marc says seriously and turns around.

"Gen it's three cheese pizza night with my mom, I gotta go. Let me know how the A12 eudemonology apparatus implement turns out!" He says before plowing out of the room at lightning speed.

"What was that all about?" Nelson asks confused and I shrug not knowing either.

"Marc's just an egg born cretinous fledgling." Gen rolls her eyes then pushes up her glasses.

I hear the door open from behind me and knowing it's Marc I turn around.

"Marc you just-" I say but my eyes widen when I see Nick standing there looking hurt. Badly hurt.

"Nick oh my god," I say and my eyes widen. I cover my mouth and hear a gasp from Gen.

"Dude what the hell," Nelson says just as shocked as the rest of us.

We all run-up to a very bruised Nick.

"Are you okay?" I find myself asking. What happened? His face is all bruised and dried blood coats his lips.

I notice he takes a step towards me when Gen and Nelson come closer.

He seems nervous.

"Dude what's going on," Nelson says clearly concerned.

Nick shrugs like it's no big deal. "Just a small accident that's all," Nick says and Nelson and Gen seem to believe him but I can see right through his lie.

"Enough about me. I came to help if you don't mind." He tells us but stares at me the whole time.

"Nick I don't know if you should be helping in that condition I mean microscopic tears in blood vessels under the skin can sometimes cause an inflamed rupture in the spot prone to multiple-"