Chapter 11

Soft. Quiet. Loud. Booming. It didn't matter. It didn't stop the insistent chatter.

I hear the words melody play over and over. It sounds so familiar. I'm know it from
a bright white light flashed before me and I wished I could brink it away.

His face with knife. A sick smile stuck on his horrible, vile face. He flips me over and rips the back of my shirt. I start to scream, not sure what he will do. He pushed the back of my head deeper into the pillow.

"Shut up! I don't want to deal with you"

I sobbed into the pillow. I was unfamiliar to this world and this life. I felt the fit of the knife on my left shoulder blade slowly making a circle. I felt it pierce my skin- I screamed.

******

La da la da da. Da da la da da. La da da da la

"Well, what the hell am I suppose to do? Sit around and be okay with it?" The voice made me shiver.

Voices. I hear voice! Voices that aren't mine.

"I can't get over the fact that I was the one who allowed her to do it. I'm suppose to protect her not anyone else but me!"

La da la- "Why are you so angry, Landon?" A new voice asked. Da da

"I'm angry because I keep screwing up! She's not safe. How can I protect her from the things that hide inside her." Da da la da da.

The knife pressed dipper round and round. La da la da da

"She's the most important-" Da da la da da

"We must me patient."

La

"I CAN'T WAIT."

Da

A loud crash and glass breaking.

Da

"Landon, I know you did not just do that with your mate in the room."

Da

"You better sit in that chair, hold her hand, and stop being so damn selfish."

La

I neared a chair and then-

A horrible sound ripped through my throat, and I shot up in my bed.

"Mother of God!" James yells clutching his chest.

"Lilly, thank goodness you're awake." I turn to see Chloe. She must have been the one that told Landon off. I smile at her.

I clutch my throat and cough. Landon reaches for the table and hands me a glass of water. I drink all of it hungrily. I smile at him as well but he looks away. What's his problem? My smile turns into a frown, and I push away the hurt.

"I'm happy you are awake and all, but would you kindly tell me why you were screaming?" James asks me.

"I had a dream, and I could hear a song playing in my head. Then I saw him," Landon growled, " it was the first time he carves a circle in my back. The song's important, I know it is."

" I think we should let Lily be for today. She's had a bad three days. Let the little hero get some rest." Chloe said. Thank God for Chloe. She always comes to my defense. Wait, three days?

"I agree. We will speak after you are rested," James says walking to the door following Chloe, " I'm glad you are awake."

After they left, it was us left in the room. I am determined to find out what is going on in his head. I look over at him, and his eyes are on the window.