Chapter Three

I am a 26-year-old who owns several companies throughout the US and Italy

I am a 26-year-old who owns several companies throughout the US and Italy. I own 75% of the hotels, casinos, and clubs called Romano. After my last name. My grandfather owns 25% of it, but I'm sure once he passes away, he will hand the other 25% to me. Kimberley never wanted to run the hotels, casinos with me. She wants to work in publishing her major in college was English. However, I've never pressured Kimberly into doing anything she's not ready to do regarding the family business. She's working as an assistant manager at a high-end boutique, and I laugh because I know deep down she hates it.

I've known Jessica since grade school. I always had an infatuation with her. I mean, how can you not? She's drop-dead gorgeous, so we've been dating for four years already. We're in the cab going back to Jessica's, and I see from the corner of my eye the way my best friend Joseph looks at her. I'm not stupid; I see things. My phone starts vibrating, and it's her. She's continuously been doing that lately, calling me always, leaving text messages on my other phones. I'm consumed with guilt right away. This other girl has been blowing my phone up, though lately. "What the fuck does this girl want?" I say to myself. She's calling me again. I hit decline.

"Is everything okay?!" Jessica asks me.

"Yeah, sweetheart, just work stuff." We finally pulled up to her mansion as we all headed in.

"Baby, I got to take this call. It's a significant client," I tell her

"Your client is calling at midnight?" Joseph scoffs.

"Yes, because this client is in Italy. Mind your own business," I snap

Joseph put his hands up and walked away. Jessica comes up to me, kisses me on my cheek."Go ahead I'll get something for Adonis and Joseph to wear for the night as I'm sure they're all staying here "Let's go, girls" And she's off upstairs with the girls. I'm about to go to the backyard to take the call when Adonis and Joseph come up next to me. "You know you don't deserve her," Joseph says.

"Oh, and you do?" I said in irritation.

"No, but we all know what you're doing." He responds

"Look, this is a client from Italy, so if you don't mind I'd like to take this call."

Walking off to the backyard and once again, She's calling. I pick up immediately,

"What the fuck do you want?" I bark at her.

"Nate," she says, crying hysterically on the phone, my anger simmers down a bit, and I ask her, "What happened?"

"Nate, I need to talk to you. It's important. I need to talk to you face to face," she says.

"Ok. Come over to my house tomorrow at eleven". I proceed to tell her.

"Alright," she sniffles. I have to take a deep breath because I feel like I'm suffocating. "I'll see you. Take care." Hanging up, I put my phone into my pocket and walked back inside the house.

"So how was your business call." Joseph says with a hint of sarcasm.

"Jo, mind your business. We shouldn't be meddling in his place," Adonis says, adding his opinion.

We all drop the subject, and my stomach starts to churn. I have a lot to confront Jessica, and I hope to God she will forgive me because I can't lose the only good thing in my life.

 I have a lot to confront Jessica, and I hope to God she will forgive me because I can't lose the only good thing in my life