C h a p t e r 9 - A wolf in wolf's clothing

Oliver's POV:

I had to do a double-take to make sure that my eyes weren't deceiving me. Was that...Chelsea?

"Ollie! how are you?" she said walking towards me in excitement. "Ughhh I'm doing fine, how are you doing?" I said surprised. I thought that my mother would know better than invite my crazy ex. I broke up with her before I left for London, which was one of the best decisions I've made in my life.

When we first started dating everything was fine but then my father wanted me to put a bit more focus on the company, and well she wasn't that supportive. She didn't understand why my family's company was so important to me.

"Why didn't you call me to tell me that you were back in town?" she asked."Well, you know me I was busy, helping my dad with the company." I replied.  "Of course,  you're Oliver Kingston when have you not been working?" she says in a smug tone. I give her a look of confusion.

"Whatever, you're here now, maybe we can get to know each other again?" she said while stepping closer to me. I step back trying to keep a distance.

"ugh, you know what, I completely forgot! My mom wants me to run out a get....something, but umm...I guess I'll see you around." I say before I quickly ran to the stairs and entered my old bedroom

Alice's POV:

WHAT WAS HE DOING HERE.

I saw Chase walk closer to me and I froze. He just kept on coming closer and he finally reached me. It was probably only a few seconds but it felt like hours.

"Hey, you," he said very playfully. "Hi, I didn't expect to see you here." I try to say hopefully not sounding stupid. "Oh yes, I came with MY girlfriend," he says with emphasis. Girlfriend? when did he start dating? it's only been a few months. "OH, That's great, good for you Chase," I say quickly. "It's so nice to see you again, you look great by the way," he says looking me up and down.

You have to be kidding me, is he trying to flirt with me? After what happened and even with a new partner. I could feel my emotions stir up within me I had to get away from him before I said anything that I would regret. I looked over and saw the staircase, BINGO.

"Oh I think I hear someone calling me, but it was really nice talking to you (not!)" I say as I slipped away into a crowd of people. I went around the dining hall to get to the stairs, to make sure he didn't see me but it was all worth it. I think I would have killed him if I didn't leave.

Once I was upstairs I tried to find a washroom, instead, I accidentally walked in on Oliver. I think I startled him a little, which was adorable. "I'm so sorry, I didn't think you'd be here. I was just trying to get the washroom, I'll leave" I say embarrassed. 

"No, trust me it's fine, go ahead," he says gesturing toward the bathroom. I give him a soft smile before going in. I splash some water on my face. I need to calm down, but it was too late the tears were already coming down my face. God! why am I so stupid!

...

Hello readers I hope you like this chapter. Sorry that it was a small chapter. I wanted to keep it short and sweet. Don't forget to like and comment it helps me out. Have a nice day!

word count: 575