Try me, Faye

Faye’s POV

I stood in front of Damon waiting for an explanation or maybe just something that he wanted to say.

It’s too late. I'm going to lose my freedom. Maybe I should just get away. Maybe go somewhere far where they can’t track me down and just live happily.

“Little Fae-” He started

“No! Don’t Little Fae me! Damon! Can’t you what’s happening?! They want us to get married!” I exclaimed throwing my hand in the air.

“Okay Faye, Just list-”

“Goddamn it, Damon! Do you not care at all?! Getting married all of sudden?! I haven’t even dated a single man yet! And then suddenly leap to being engaged? That’s ridiculous!” I ranted while pacing back and forth. He stayed silent and a question suddenly found its way to my head.

“Damon… Do you even want me? Like, to be with me all your life? To stay faithful and to grow old with me? Are you even ready for that kind of commitment” I asked softly looking straight to his eyes. I clutched the hem of my shirt forcing back a sob that is making its way out of me. 

“I'm not ready to give up my freedom yet Damon. I-I have so much things I want to do. I don’t want to be tied down. I want to live, soar and fall. I don’t want to be caged. Look, I love Caleb with all my heart and that kid’s happiness is my happiness but don’t you think that this is just so sudden?” I sighed defeated.

I can’t help but let the tears flow. I was so wrecked. I don’t have the mind to think properly and to deal with the situation, I just wanna break down.

“Faye. Listen to me carefully. Without interrupting.” He cupped my face and continued to talk.

“I want to be with you with that kind of commitment. I'm glad you haven’t dated anyone yet. That’s one less human being dying today. I was the one who suggested this marriage okay? Of course I won’t do that if I don’t want and love you. Little Fae, I know how much your freedom means to you. Even If I’m itching to just tuck you in my arms and bed away from everyone I’m not going to do that. I just… really want you with me. I know it’s a big step forward but we have all the time to cope up. I love you. You may or may not feel the same way but I’m going to do everything I can in my power to make you love me back.” He caressed my cheeks and I felt my knees buckle.

“I-”

“You don’t have to answer me yet. Just please, Try me Faye.” He looked at me with expectant eyes and I unconsciously nodded.

His eyes widen and it suddenly brightened. He pulled me in for a hug, hovering my small form with his enormous one.

“Thank you” He breathes out and smiled widely. Damn, this man’s smile can light up a whole continent. I shook the thoughts away.

“L-Let’s just… go back inside” I shivered as I look around. I felt like someone is staring in our direction. He nodded and snaked his arms around my waist and led me back inside.

"I am guessing that you already talked this out?" My mom asked us slowly as if she's walking on thin ice.

"Yes mom...  I was just so overwhelmed" I took a seat in front of her and Damon sat beside me. A little too close.

" Faye, dear. We are not forcing you to this. You just didn't let me finish but me and your dad gave you the right to refuse. Sweetie,  you know that I will never force things that you don't want.  Tell me hun.  Do you want to be engaged to Damon?" My mom asked in all seriousness. God, I love you mommy.

"I...  Want to give this a chance mom." I said in a soft voice looking at Damon.

"What?" My father asked, quite shocked.

"I meant it dad.  I just wanna give us a chance. "
He nodded with a small smile.  "I hope you all the best child"