5.

Milo.

The moment we left the massacre of food and milkshakes being thrown in the cafe due to Mia, Ken and I's food fight we had to change.

Luckily being a model has its perks, I always have a wardrobe filled to the brim with outfits.

"Mia can you find Mr Vandross and tell him that its time for his meeting." I had to remind the arrogant man myself, yet he was the one desperate for help.

He sauntered in and I was astonised at how the man looked, he was disheveled and I wondered what hurricane he had passed through to look the way he did, it was hilarious.

"So how can I help you?" I ask masking my disapproval of his state and the way he kept tapping on my desk, it was as if I was the one looking for help from him.

"Mr LaNoir I came here with a merger proposal for your restaurant, and please before you ask how I knew you had a restaurant, Caleb your manager is a friend, we lost contact after highschool and only talked briefly during our college years." I was surprised he knew Calen all that much.

"I met him when he went to claim the fifth star rating on your restaurant, at the critique Voltago's office, that is where he told me about your restaurant." His explanation was valid but I was still confused why he would want to partner up with me.

A merger or buying shares on the restaurant wasn't going to happen, I wasn't selling shares on my restaurant I owned 85% of it and Caleb had the rest, he could make decisions on my behalf if need be.

"Why would you want a merger, your restaurant is just doing fine?"I ask him because I knew Caleb might have mentioned the plans we have, to open another restaurant of nearly the same stature as H & H.

"I want to extend my business and broaden the market for myself, and you're one of the best people to do that with." I nod but I could tell from the way he was hesitating and how unsettled he was, there was something he was hiding. I didn't trust this man at all.

"Alright I will think about it Mr. Vandross,Caleb will relay our answer to you." I respond politely and he nods when he shook my hand a little too long, I pull away because it made me highly uncomfortable.

"Mia call Caleb, tell him to get his cute butt here." I spoke on the phone which was connected to hers. Thirty minutes later Mia and Caleb walked in, both had concerned faces.

I motion for them to sit and I explain to Caleb and Mia what Mr Vandross wanted,and how I felt so unsure as to trust him, because of how he acted.

"Milo my vote on the matter is a no, if you think something is off about him, then we three cant trust him." Caleb who in every sense declined the merger.  "Same with me, I trust your judgement hundred percent." I nod to Mia and instruct her to dig up any information on Vandross, but to keep it discreeet because we didn't know what his intentions were.

After that meeting I was exhausted. "Mia lets go home, I'm tired, I want my kids." She came running into my office already packed.

I sat down and watched the girl shuffle things that wouldnt fit, lock and pack away documents within minutes, I laugh at her antics as we made our way out.

I call the boys. "Hey baby boy, is your brother behaving." Haden nods. "Okay I'm on my way home, need anything." He taps his forehead. "No dad we okay." I nod and send him kisses, ending the call.

The moment I parked in the garage ,Mia was out of the car screaming for the boys to come play. The three were like siblings in a way, you can never really separate them.

I made and amazing dinner with my family, teaching Mia how to grill in the process. After dinner I took the boys to their room and they started telling me more of their day.

I undressed them for their bath, in the process I check for any marks or anywhere thats hurt,they know what im doing. "We're okay dad." Haven impatiently says wanting to get in the water.

After the bath and playing with bubbles I was tucking my babies in and reading them their favourite story. Their eyes got droopy and soon enough they were asleep.

I turned on the night light, kissed foreheads. "Love you dad." They say in unison. "Love you too my little monkeys." My kids were my world.

I head back downstairs and check my phone to see a message from Ken. He is somewhat a new friend to us,Mia says he wants more with me though, I don't get it.

"Hey how was your day?"

"It was alright, although I had to endure a meeting with Mr Vandross who I must say I don't like."

"He was once my friend,long story though."

"I have time to listen to stories, I like them."

"If youre free after our meeting,we can go for coffee and I can tell you."

I thought about it and there was no harm in seeing the man, plus soon I would be Team Ken because I had accepted to be the front of his fashion line.

"Its ok, I can have Mia clear my schedule." I respond.

"Those are the details and extra information you asked for,as you wanted to know before you come to the morning, and thanks in advance for the coffee date." I saved the document, and grinned like a fool at the text.

"Goodnight clover."

After I got those texts, I couldnt stop smiling, until Mia came in and started bombarding me with questions. "Who got you grinning like that?" I dont even bother hiding. "Ken, we're going on a coffee date." She squeals.

"Damn girl,the kids are sleeping plus it's just coffee nothing more." She rolls her eyes and laughs

"Goodnight, Milo." Mia spoke heading up the stairs. "Good night love." I respond.

"Goodnighg Mr. M." I reply Ken slightly squealing, I walk upstairs and place my phone on the table in my room. I shower and slip into my bed nude just to feel free.

It feels good though I always have to hurry and get boxers before the boys run into my room.I start thinking about Ken and how he wanted to go on a coffee date with me.

It had been a while for me because the moment the guy heard of who I was, all he whe wanted was to promote his own image and that was a turn off for me, but i felt like Ken was different.

+++

LMJ