[19] The Mermaid

"Can we go to the temple some other day?"

The window was open and moonlight was pouring in. His amber eyes looked light and sleepy framed by those thick and dark lashes.

"Whenever my mate wishes to go," he said, churning my stomach. For some reason, I hadn't expected him to agree so easily. I could go there because I was untouched. Going late would mean more days of staying virgin.

"What if I say, the full moon night?" I teased, while raising the furs above my shoulder from the cold air moving around the room.

His lips curved slightly in amusement to my surprise. He blinked slowly, his hair spread all over the pillow and arms that he had rested his head on to face me.

"It would not be a trouble to me. But the temple accepts no guests on the full moon night," he said, making me remember Amelia's words.

"Right. It is mandatory for the girls to spend the full moon night there," I whispered in curiosity.

He blinked in agreement. "They close the windows and doors. Their Goddess hates the full moon's light," he murmured while observing my face. "The virgins would feel the urge to meet their mates too. It only ends bad since there is no mate around."

I sucked in a breath. Oh God!

"How do Lycans cope up with the full moon? Does it gets mad?" I asked, looking at him.

He smiled while blinking slowly. "Why would the Moon get mad? We get mad."

My lips parted as I added, "What is it like? The urge to kill or mate? You all keep growling and roaring all night?"

"We are Lycans," he said, giving me a proud look. "We are Moon's dearest for a reason. We have the strength to keep ourselves calm, my mate. No Lycan kills to feed himself on the full moon night. It is for the thrill. He would know what he is doing. The urge to mate is in control too. It gets high only because we like to fuck. Full Moon is the celebration. Goddess gets happy as we mate."

My eyebrows raised in slight shock, felt low-key terrorized.

"Only the weaker, younger or newer ones get mad," he said, looking at me. "Especially the wolves too. Father says, how my mother was sixteen and hadn't shifted when she came here. She had created a storm around with her first shift that even on the full moon night. She stayed sick for next five days. Her bones needed rest."

Thanks to Natalie, I had witnessed the best full moon night experience ever. And Axel too, I laughed mentally. Naked him was such a treat for the night. I couldn't delete those moments ever from my mind.

Suddenly, I realized something.

What if Pete's mate was a newly shifted one too?

She too must have gotten mad and managed to reach the border like King had said that fourth night of the ceremony.

"So, as a senior Lycan, you will be fine?" I asked while looking away from him and laying on my back.

I stared at the white silk roof of the canopy while he hummed, "If my mate only thinks of one man that is me."

I stiffened and glanced at him hurriedly.

He was looking at me just like he always would. For a moment, I had gotten scared if he knew I was thinking of naked Axel. But then, he just hummed again.

"As long as my mate is with me in these nights, loving me, it will all be beautiful and fine."

I licked my lips while looking back at the silk. "You sure, you will not go crazy on me? Fo-Force me?"