Chapter twenty: A song

Lillian stood beside Emma as she looked at two dresses for the wedding. Rumple had defeated his mother and Gideon had his heart back, so the wedding could go on. Lillian herself was standing in a dress that Killian had picked for her as the maid of honor. 

''Did you decide which one?''

''Not yet. I have narrowed it down to two, but neither one feels exactly right.''

''Well, Emma, I didn't want to say anything because I wasn't sure that the curse even brought it over from the Enchanted Forest, but I had Belle scour the back of Gold's shop, and she found it.'' When Emma lifted her eyebrow at her mother, Snow perked up. ''My wedding dress! Do you want to wear it?''

''Of course. Where is it?''

''Well, I dropped it off at the dry cleaner, and it should be back in plenty of time for the wedding tonight.''

''Oh, Mom, that's... Thank you!'' Emma hugged her mother closely as Lillian watched the mother-daughter duo.

''With all we've been through lately, I just never thought we'd get a moment like this.'' 

--------Once upon a time--------

Lilith sat on her bed in the castle of Snow white and prince Charming. She had moved in with them for the time being as she protected Snow considering she was pregnant with her first child at the moment. And that way Lilith could stay closer to her mentor who was living in the cell in the basement. 

She pressed her hands hard against her ears when she could hear Snow and Charming singing a few rooms up ahead. She groaned as she pushed the pillow over her head, not being able to tune out the sound. 

She sighed as she pushed herself out of her bed, getting ready for the day that she would most likely never forget.

--------Once upon a time--------

''It's here!'' Snow said with a song like voice, Emma putting down the glass that Zelena had passed her just a few moments ago.

''Oh, wow. Mom! It's beautiful.'' Regina, Zelena and Lillian stood at the side as they watched Emma with aw as she held the dress in front of her, but that changed when the dress turned into a dark, black color. ''Mom?'' 

Lillian turned her head within a second when she could feel magic entering the room, quickly joining Emma and Snow as she pushed them back slightly. 

''I never was a fan of white weddings.'' Fiona spoke, Lillian's lips parted in shock for a moment, her head looking in between Regina and the others before turning back to the Black Fairy.

''How are you still here?'' 

''Did you really think you could turn my own son against me? Even you're not that powerful sweetheart.'' She put her hand over Lillian's cheek, only for it to be slapped away within a second. 

''What the hell are you doing here? Why are you crashing my daughter's wedding day?'' Snow stepped forward for a moment, but she was pushed back by Lily, snow frowned for a moment, but when she saw Lillian's blood red eyes, she understood not to provoke the teenager. 

''Because Emma and I are destined to fight. Light and dark must have their reckoning. Unless, of course...''

''What?'' Emma snapped at her, getting fed up with the fairy.

''Unless you give me your heart now and save us both the trouble of fighting the Final Battle.''

''You really think I'll just surrender to you?''