Statement

"I'll show you guys later! I'm really good now!" Lisa lifts the second half of her sandwich to her mouth, trying to eat and at the same time, tell Jennie and Jisoo about how good she is at walking.

"Lisa, chew your sandwich before you swallow it!" I really just had to remind my 18 year old girlfriend to chew her food, what the hell.

"Bitch, you finished your sandwich in the first 5 seconds you got it. I mean Jesus, you can eat!" Lisa points a finger at me.

"Well, you would know how well I can eat..." I shoot back at her, leaving her with an expression of shock while both Jennie and Jisoo crack up laughing. I give Lisa a sweet smile and a wink before sitting back in my chair.

Two large, male figures entering the room along with our main nurse catches everyone's attention. One extremely tall, I'd approximate 6'7. While the other was a dark man, shorter, but still built like he went to the gym and did weights 3 times a day. Both of them in suits, the taller one had a badge clipped to his belt.

"Miss Lisa Manoban?" The mans deep voice echoes through the small hospital room when his eyes land on Lisa. "I'm assuming you're the little one in the bed?" Lisa nods, abandoning her sandwich.

"Hello Lisa, I'm senior detective Matt Price, and this is detective John Clarke, are we able to talk to you for a moment please?"

"Uh yeah sure, can we stay in here? I don't mind if my friends hear."

The man nods and pulls up one of the visitors seats. "So Lisa, I've been placed as lead detective on your case. And while it is not a murder, we believe the intentions of the shooter were to harm you. So, we are taking this case as an attempted murder."

Lisa's eyes widen, her face turning a little white. Even though we knew the intentions of James were to hurt Lisa, we hadn't said it aloud.

"I would like to share some information!" I blurt out. All 6 other heads in the room Turing to look at me. Detective Clarke pulling out a small voice recorder and a notebook. "I believe I know the shooter."

"Would you like this done in private, Miss... uh-"

"Park. And no, I'm fine here."

"Go ahead then, Miss Park"

I take a deep breath and look over at Lisa. Her expression unreadable.

"I believe the shooter was my ex boyfriend, James Son. He was my boyfriend while I was living in Korea, he was extremely abusive and I know he's violent. He, put me in hospital with stab wounds"

"You think James was jealous of Lisa?" Detective Price sits a little further up in his chair.

"Lisa and I have always been close, our mothers are good friends and we've always been, I guess you could say fond of each other." I was lying. But I needed a way for the cops to know James, without Lisa and I being exposed. "I came home from Korea in September last year, and applied for a job at the high school, when I realised I would be teaching Lisa, I panicked a little because being around her stirred up old memories. I did tutoring sessions with 4 of my students that were struggling out of school, Lisa being one of them."

Jisoo interrupts "Jennie and I did them too, sometimes we did them as a group".

"Yeah so, I did them with a lot of kids, not just Lisa. I no longer teach at the school, I stopped as soon as I realised how much I liked Lisa. But now that I'm not her teacher anymore, we are together."

The detectives nod, the senior detective stroking his beard in thought, taking in what I have just said. "Thank you Miss Park. We will ask you to come into the station when you're free. We need to take that statement properly and formally. But we will look into James"

Both of the men give us a smile. "We will update you on anything new in the case. Lisa, we wish you the best in your recovery!"

With that the men leave the room, leaving Lisa and the rest of us a little worked up.