Kids Go Missing

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

Nozel parted ways with me when I reassured him I'd be fine since no one can really see me. It was weird yet made happy when he called my name. Continuing my trail, I followed it to Gauche in an alleyway trying to murder Asta with his foot on Asta's face. He was basically gravelling him into the ground. Panicking, I ran up to Gauche and pulled his shirt back.

"Gauche, you're going to hurt Asta! He's already injured"

"I don't care, help me kill him"

"Relax, what did Asta do?"

Gauche turned to me with a scary look etched on his face. Mary came up to me and tugged on my legs. I picked her up and smiled as she told me Asta was her future husband. I laughed a but at her innocence as Gauche stepped harder on Asta.

"Hello there, I'm you brother's teammate. It's a pleasure to meet you. You're big brother here really wants to spend time with you because I believe it's someone's birthday today"

Mary joyously laughed and put her hands in the air. She had a bright smile on as she turned to Gauche. He froze and stopped stepping on Asta so he could come over and hug her. I handed her over to her brother as I picked up the two massive bags of toys on the ground. A women of cloth, a nun came over because it was so loud. She smiled sweetly.

"Mary, time's up. We need to return to church."

Gauche glared at the nun, calling her an old crone which she responded to call her by her proper title. I smiled at her before waving at her before pointing at the bags. She seemed happy for all the toys Mary had. She thanked me as she took them from me easily. She must be an ex Magic Knight based on the scar on her face and how strong she was. She also had incredible mana despite her age.

Gauche and the nun kept insulting each other as he put Mary to the ground. She ran up to me and pouted, she clearly didn't like the fact they were arguing. She dug her face into my neck, clearly upset but they kept fighting. I decided to show her my nature magic. I opened the palm of my hand and flowers slowly started growing out.

'Nature's Blessing: Decade Bloom'

"Mary, look at my hand"

"Wow, can I touch it?! It's so pretty"

I nodded at Mary as she brought my hand closer. Her face laid on my collarbone as she looked at the flowers of all different sizes and colours. Her face lit up as she giggled. Her cheeks flushing at their beauty and smell. Her eyes brightened like shining stars. The arguing stopped as Gauche, Asta and the nun looked at a happy Mary. I smiled at them before offering the nun Mary.

Mary whined because she wanted to stay with the pretty flowers for longer. I stared at my palm before a lightbulb lit up inside my head. I tugged on the roots of the flowers, pulling them out. They interwinded into a flower crown. I smiled at her as I put it on her head.

"Gauche, looky I look pretty! Thank you, flower boy"

"You're welcome, I hope you have a great birthday Mary"

Mary bid her goodbye as she started walking away with the nun. Gauche fell onto the floor in sadness, he laid unmoving there in his depressive state. The girl with red hair invited the three of us to stay with her. I tried to refuse but it was already so late. I ended up helping with the cooking while her siblings played with the flowers I blossomed on the wall. I sensed Noelle was still nearby. She really was following Asta the whole day.

I helped put the table and held the baby so the nice girl could sit and eat with Asta. I saw Gauche still on the floor. I kneeled down, careful of the baby and the bowl of food I was holding.

"Here, it'll make you feel better. Food helps heartbreaks."

Gauche sniffed as he took it. I sat on the floor and ate while giving the baby some since the food was soft but only after blowing it. I gave the baby pats on the back after we were done so he could burp. The girl thanked me but I insisted it was the least we could do. After dinner, I helped the kids get ready for bed before sleeping with Asta on the same bed. He cuddled me but we were woken up by Gauche.

"First, you dare try moves on my sister and now you're after (M/N). Die for your crimes"

I sensed something go wrong which wasn't the rays of mirror magic from Gauche but instead from everywhere. I sat up urgently and headed outside, all the mana of children were missing. People were calling out for their children. It shouldn't be snowing but I noticed it was. I took off towards the source of Mary's mana, telling the girl I would find them. Quickly, I took my broom and rode it off into the sky, sitting sideways.

Flying through the snowy night sky, I let out a sigh of relief when I spotted Mary and the girl's brother. I quietly landed and stood behind Mary, she was the only kid that wasn't in a daze.
There was a man with long hair standing in front of the kids, calling them his new friends. Mary mentioned how friends don't put them into a trance and he lost it. The pretty man raised his hand to slap Mary but I caught his wrist.

"Flower boy!"

"Didn't I tell you not to spoil the goods!"

A man that was round and plump said as he grabbed his long white hair. I winced as the younger brother begged for forgiveness. I felt bad, he was clearly forced into this. My grimoir opened as I quickly picked up Mary. The pages flew open, the sound alerting the older man that I was here.

'Nature's Cry: Piercing Tendrils'

Large vines came out and wrapped around the two before putting them in the air. The older of the two screamed at me in anger, threats to kill me were spewed. I covered Mary's ears since she should not be hearing such fowl language. I glared at the two of the as the vines squeezed tighter. The vines quickly grabbed the younger ones grimoir the minute it opened and squeezed even tighter. I pet Mary's head as the rest of the children went to sleep on the ground.

"Mary!"

Gauche voice rang through the air as he flew in on his broom. I turned to him but still keeping my eye on the two brothers wrapped up in vines. Gauche made a sound of relief as he hugged her before trying to attack the two in the air. I held him back while still glaring.

"No Gauche, there's kids here and Mary too"

"I need to destroy anyone who hurt my precious sister!"

"Now is not the time, your sister's safety is first!"

Gauche became shocked but held himself back as he hugged his sister. Mary sniffled a bit as she buried herself in her brother's neck. At that moment, Asta and the nun arrived and yelled at the man why he would do something so nasty. The man sneered at us and laughed until I closed my fist, causing the vines to make him spit out saliva from the force of the vines. However, something was wrong. Someone was coming.

"YOU'RE FINALLY HERE! DON'T YOU HAVE TELEPORTATION MAGIC?! WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG!"

"Can't you shut up? But this time around I'll let it slide~"

A/N: Thanks for reading as always