Chapter 63

''What are you doing here and this early?'' Dev asked hugging his would be wife.

She smiled. ''Thought of checking on you. With all the romance going on around me, I felt a little alone.'' He held her a little longer to feel her presence. 

''I want to you to show something.'' He excitedly pulled her along the huge stairs towards the suite. Dev pushed open the heavy doors and the sight which greeted the Rathore Princess, made her fall in love with him again. He had renovated the room as per her taste. The room had the hue of red, her favorite color. He switched on the lights and she smiled, it appeared like a million lamps had lighted the room up. Finally, her eyes fell the picture of late Queen, Dev's great grandmother. Rolli stood near it, watching the smiling face. ''She was one of the most beautiful women of her times. Even the foreign tabloids were smitten by her then.'' Dev added

''She was, and very brave. But why her picture here?''

Dev was taken aback. ''I thought you would like it.''

''I do! But those who don't know her, should get to know her. We will get a wall size portrait of her done and put in the grand hall. And this size, in every room of our house. We should never forget what she died for. '' Dev swallowed the dryness, Rolli kept surprising him. Moving to her, he threw his arms around her, standing still in silence. She leaned on to him without uttering a single word, this was her home and soon she was going to embrace it for life. 

The knock on the door pulled them apart. ''Hukum, you are needed at the hotel reception.'' Dev huffed. ''I will join in sometime, till then enjoy your home.'' Rolli smiled with a nod. She had the same plans. 

After a minute, she stepped out of the huge suite. Rolli was worried about Dev. He had refused any support Ranvijay offered still being guilty of his deeds and she knew that handling the estate like Suryagarh wasn't easy. With a dark past and so many broken souls, it was a tough journey. Dipik and Veer had worked hard to restore the place, yet it wasn't just enough. 

She moved around admiring the huge Palace, followed by a young girl Dev had appointed to keep her company. Rolli halted and the girl banged her back. ''Pardon me.''

''What's you name?''

''Vani.''

''My eyes on my face Vani and not on the feet.'' Vani looked up once before lowering her head again. Rolli shook her head. ''Show me around.'' The girl moved like a doll to lead and make the young Princess familiar with her future home.

''This Queen's room.'' Rolli understood. With a smile, she stepped into the room where Netra lay bedridden, waiting for her sunny days. 

''You may step out.'' Rolli commanded the care taker, who did without a hitch. Rolli waited for the door to be closed.  With a knee on the bed, she loomed over Netra like death. ''I hope you got the news of me marrying Dev. How would it feel to see death looming over you every minute?'' There was no response. ''I will enjoy it, it not you.'' Netra was unable to move or speak. The attack by Rani had left her severely paralyzed. ''I will never forget that you tried to Kill my dad. So pray, that you never leave this bed or I will make sure you don't breathe. Actually, why not kill you slowly. Just like you all murdered the late queen Gayatri. '' The hate her light eyes held shook Netra, but she was unable to move or express. Rolli's demure changed. She stepped again with a sweet smile as if nothing happened.  

Making her way down, she went straight to Dev and stood watching him from the distance. He was so passionate about what ever he did. She knew he wanted to Suryagrah a flourishing estate, not for him but for his aunt the only member he respected.

''Is there an issue.'' She asked rubbing his back

''A guest wanted to visit the  the reserve forest but its closed due to heavy rains.''