Monday morning

I stand only in my towel, staring at the uniform laid down in front of me, on my bed. Tomi was half way dressed, going through her books and backpack. I turn to see Amarachi and Nana-Aishat fully dressed in their school uniform which was quite different from the seniors, same color but different outfit.

My school uniform consists of a dark red blazer, with short sleeve shirt, a royal blue plaid skirt that as pleats at the both side,the front and back was plain, and a dark red fancy bow tie with white socks to complete it.

"It's not that bad, trust me it will look good on you" Teni spoke up as she puts on her shirt, tucking it into the skirt. I huff, she is right though. The skirt is not that short, it reaches just above my knees.

The junior girls has on a plaid royal blue fully pleated skirt, a white short sleeve shirt, a red waistcoat with the same bow tie.

"Where are your cardigans?" I asked the two girls, they both brought it out and i urge them to put it on because of the cold weather.

I quickly lose my towel around my body, applying my lotion, putting on my matching purple bra and underwear,i brush my hairline, using my hair product on my well plaited hair,i use my cherry flavored lip balm on my lips to protect them from the harsh weather, i put on my school uniform, tucking in my shirt, putting on the blazer, the school badge sat proudly on the left side of the blazer. I put on my white sock, pulling it down to my ankle cause it was incredibly long, i wore the recommended shoe,sprayed my favourite vanilla scented perfume, taking my black designer backpack. I was ready.

"How do i look?" I ask them twirling.

"You look bomb" Ewatomi responded, as the girls giggled. I smirk at her response, of course i look bomb, am a Coker, we always stand out. "Are you girls with your keys?" She asks them, they both nod as we hear a bell. "That is the warning bell for the assembly, let's go"

I nod following her, Amarachi and Nana-Aishat bid us farewell once we came out of the room. They follow other students who were in the same uniform as them.

Students came out of their room, some stood in the hallway waiting for their friends while others walk towards the exit. We both walk towards the exit.

You can differentiate the old students from the freshmen. They new students have a look of a deer caught in headlights, not knowing what to do or where to go. The old students were chatting excitedly with their friends but still you could see some looking like they want to throw up, it seems they rather be anywhere but here.

Stop it Teni, don't jump into conclusion. I have a bad habit of studying people, i study their eyes, looks and body language, actually i study everything about them. It gets really annoying a times.

We exit our dorm, the cold air welcomed us. I hate this season, cold,dry and harsh weather in the morning, warm and hot air in the afternoon. If you are not careful, and you don't use enough body lotion, your face, hands and legs will look like you got flour dumped on you.

I love the rainy season. That was the time i will be in my room back home, with a bowl of ice cream or popcorn, watching reruns of The Vampire Diaries or The Avengers.

We follow the crowd of female students leaving the compound, a group of girls dressed like us walked pass us talking rather loudly. Teni looked stiff as the pass by, the were sneaking glances at me, then the were talking in low voices no no.... they were hissing, i ignored them.

We both got to the school compound and head to the school hall which i was already familiar with. I notice Tomi stiff posture again. What is going on? I move closer to her, she noticed my movement, she gave me a small forced smile as i give her a reassuring one.