Chapter 9

Haley

Locking the door with the spare key that I found on the table give me a little hope, that he trust me to go out and return back. I feel like a hostage escaping and didn't know how to feel about it.

The walk to chipotle was fifteen minutes, I was glad of the sunshine and the warm. I decided to do take out instead of sitting there awkwardly by myself.

I bought salad bowl along with an iced-tea. When I returned back to the hotel, I noticed the housekeepers coming in and out of the room.

"Miss, our apologies." One of them said. "We will be quick."

"Don't worry, take your time. Don't mind me." I said to them.

The two of them thanked me as they rushed to take the trashes out and then fixed the room and stock some drinks in the fridge.

The suite looked unused once they left. I sat down to eat once they left. I don't like this quietness. I switched on the TV and news popped out and I sighed as I tried to find some channel and finally leaving it with some sports channel.

I wondered what I can for the rest of the day? Should I explore some parts of LA or should I stay in? I think I should go out and enjoy a bit of the sunshine.

After finishing my brunch and tidying up the counter. I made my way out to the streets of LA.

I strolled around the city in hope to find something better to do. People like Kristine who's not afraid to socialize with strangers- may like going around alone. She said there's cons to travelling alone, you do things the way you want and don't have to worry about anyone else and if you want to socialize you can always find someone to talk to in a city.It sounds rather convincing, but difficult.

I was in Hollywood Boulevard, it's closer to his Hotel. I doubt he's interested in touring around the place or maybe he have been here before.

Bonnie texted me a while back that they are leaving LA and I would have been in that place, but I'm still here. I went back to the Hotel after six and he was still not back.

I took a shower and was on my sweatpants and shirt when he walked in with take outs bags in both his hands.

"Hello." He greeted as I stood up from the bar stool.

"Hi." I said suddenly shy. "Sorry about last night."

I'm doing way too many embarrassing things in front of him.

He give me a smile, "At least you remember something good that I did." He jokes. "Don't worry about that, but don't get use to it."

"I won't." I promise.

"I remember you spoke about allergies in dinner last night. Sesame and Eggs?" He confirms.

"Yes." I said surprised he took note of that.

"Anaphylactic?"He asked.

"Yes."

"Epipen?"

"Inside my bag." I said.

"Okay, thanks for letting me know." He said. "What did you do the whole day?"

I helped him unpack what seem to be delicious chinese take-outs.

"I walked around Hollywood Boulevard."

He didn't seem surprise at all and only nodded his head.

We sat quietly to eat the dinner.

"We are leaving tomorrow night to New York..." he paused to look at my reaction. "We'll visit Seattle sometime next week or the week later."

I frowned. "I thought we will go back to Seattle to get my things."

"I know... situations has changed.I will be accommodating all your necessities."

"No." I shake my head. "It won't be fair to you."

"I can afford many things, Ms.Lynne-"

"You can-that's true, but I can't take advantage of you."

He was containing his anger. I think he is super mad about me- defying him, again. This man clearly has issues with people defying him. I don't get it? I can say whatever I want.

"You will because I was the one who stopped you from travelling back." He said.His beautiful face turned into a scowl.

"Because I'm still a suspect for you..." I brushed him off.

"I thought we spoke about this and made it clear." He pursed his lip. His eyes was angry and blazing with hate.

"Isn't it the reason why I'm here and transferred to New York?"

He looked away first and sighed, "Eat."

This time I was the one who sighed and picked on my food. A very bad habit. I know.

"I have work I will be in my room." He excused himself after we finished eating. He threw his garbage in the bin and walked towards his room.

I don't know if he's upset or mad at me, but honestly I don't care and I shouldn't. He needs to sometime listen to people.

I tidied up and sighed as I looked at his closed door. I need to have a good relationship with him if I'm going to be his assistant. Temporary Assistant.

I went back to my room and started getting my things ready for tomorrow. I might as well pack my things and tell my family about my sudden transfer. How am I suppose to explain to them? A sudden transfer during my vacation and I will be going to New York straight from here. With no packings? It's so unlike me, I usually plan things ahead. I like the idea of being in control of what I do. I hope my family take in my lie.

I called my sibling and looked nervously on the wall.

"What's up?" My little sister who's twenty years and still in college answered.

"How are you doing, Elena?" I asked.

"Good?" She said. "You are back already?"

"About that." I started.. "I'm travelling to New York for work."

"From LA?" She asked surprised.

"Yes, due to some urgent work I have to fly straight from here to New York."

"Okay. When are you coming back?" She asked.

I honestly don't know? Few days? Weeks? Months? I hope not months.

"After the issue is dissolved."

"Is it work related?" She asked.

"Of course, why do you think I'm going to New York?" I asked disbelief.

"I don't know? You never mentioned about this earlier."

"It was sudden. My boss called and said I have to be there."

"He's not even giving you time to come home?" She sounded annoyed and I smiled.

"It's urgent, that's why." I said.

"Explain that to Dad." She said.

"That's why I called you." I rolled my eyes.

"Nah huh." She said. "Don't expect me to do that."

"Please, I will owe you one. What do you want?"

There was a brief pause in the other side. "Can I borrow your car in the mean time you are not here?" I could hear the hope in her voice.

I can do that... "Okay, deal." I said. "But please don't crash it."

"Okay." I could hear her excitement. "Bye and have fun in New York."

"Thanks." I said.

I took a deep breath and looked at the window. I hope everything goes fine..