Chapter 74

Chapter 74 - Could it be that he was suffering from a broken heart? (1)

Little Wang was brooding when he came home, and nothing could cheer him up.

Of course, Ruan Xia noticed his bad mood. However, no matter how she tried to tease the chubby kid, he remained unresponsive. He just sat on the couch by himself and stared off into space.

Although it was true that children would sometimes have troubled thoughts too, this chubby kid was always very clingy towards her. This was the first time he didn't respond when she tried to talk to him. Ruan Xia tried to analyze the possible reasons for his behavior, but she wasn't a nursery school teacher and couldn't guess the thoughts of young children at all.

They hadn't eaten dinner yet, but when she brought him snacks and tried to tempt him with ice cream, he didn't look interested at all.

What on earth was going on?!

When she gave him ice cream in the past, he would jump in joy. Why was there no response today? Something big must have happened, and it might even be a colossal thing.

... Could it be that he was suffering from a broken heart?

Ruan Xia was irresponsibly speculating, but it wasn't impossible.

She had been frequently dropping him off and picking him up at nursery school lately, so she knew about his group of friends. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that Little Wang was equivalent to F4's Dao Mingsi in his nursery school.

(T/N: Dao Mingsi and F4 is from a super popular 2001 Taiwanese drama based on a popular Japanese manga.)

Little Wang was close friends with three other boys. The four of them were like the F4.

There was more than one girl that liked Little Wang in the nursery school, but she wasn't familiar with any of these little girls yet. She could only tentatively ask, "Little Wang, did you get into an argument with your little buddies?"

Little Wang didn't make a sound. He was still blankly staring down at his chubby hands.

Ruan Xia sighed. This chubby kid was very stubborn. If he didn't want to say something, then no matter how she asked, he would remain silent. She might as well just wait until his dad came home, and they could discuss a countermeasure for dealing with this situation together.

Although Little Wang was only four years old, they had to pay attention to his mental state.

Even though she had already extinguished the possibility of him blackening, Little Wang had the aptitude to become a major villain in the future.

---

When Song Tingshen came home that evening, he went about his usual routine of going upstairs and changing into comfortable clothing. Ruan Xia hastily followed after him.

But, she hadn't expected he would change with his bedroom door open. She ended up with a view of his abs and pecs.

She appreciably sighed. Song Tingshen had a very good figure.

He looked conspicuously thin when he was dressed, but it was a different story when he was undressed.

Her body was flushed with rising hormones. Should she let out a muffled yell, then cover her eyes?

No, that won't do.

She wasn't a fresh and pure young girl anymore. Besides, from Song Tingshen's perspective, she had schemed to get into his bed four years ago.

Ruan Xia calmly left her gaze on his abs and pecs to look at it some more. When she had enjoyed herself enough, she finally said, "I need to talk to you."

Song Tingshen hastily finished dressing. He hadn't thought Ruan Xia would follow him upstairs. Normally at this time, she would be downstairs and playing with Little Wang. Other than coming upstairs during the daytime to clean, the housekeeper aunty normally wouldn't come up...

Fortunately, Ruan Xia didn't feel awkward. Song Tingshen's expression was very calm too.

After he walked towards her and stopped in front of her, she could easily see that he was taller than her by one head. She could smell the clear and fresh scent on his body.

"What is it?"

Ruan Xia took a step back. She was almost seduced by this man's pheromones. It was best to keep a proper distance between them. Otherwise, she might lose self-control.