Chapter 20

⚠️Warning ⚠️ Violence and bed scene ahead. You have been warned!

Austin's POV

I never thought that this could happen.

Never in my entire life.

The Alpha was not expecting this as well. That his good son would challenged him to a battle for the throne.

But here we are.

My father kept his eyes locked to mine as he shift only half of his body and I did the same. He taught me all the things I need to know, he taught me how to win this fight...

And I'll win this no matter what.

I don't know if he regrets teaching me because I am confident that I will be the one who will remain standing in the end.

"Father. " My clenched my fist as I stepped backwards, preparing to attack. "I am sorry. " His eyes twitched a bit as the atmosphere changed.

For my mate, for my Cole...

"Austin! " He attacked first and I couldn't help but to feel disappointed on how slow he became.

With no effort needed, I successfully dodged his claws. My father and the head warrior trained me well, I am very grateful.

He shouted in so much pain when he realized that his left hand was already dislocated as I grabbed it from his back.

"AUSTIN! " He growled as he tried to use his right hand to reach me. He was able to lay a claw on my cheeks causing my skin to bleed from its sharp.

"Father, " He let out another scream from a terrible agony when I kicked the back of right knee will all my might. I heard a crack from it and was surprised on how fragile my father was. "Give it up. "

He fell on the ground with his forehead pressed against the mud. His left arm was still fixed on his back to hold him still.

My father is very tricky. To be honest, he often wins from his stupid little antics.

I tried to push it aside, but I couldn't prevent myself from thinking on how cowardly he paved his way in winning.

Fortunately, he could never use it from me.

"Austin, you son of a bitch... " I glared at the back of his head.

"How dare you... " I growled in anger when he insulted not only me, but my mother as well. "I am the son of your wife! " He groaned in pain as I twisted his left arm.

He tried to break free but it was useless.

Father, how did you become so weak?

"You do not fit the role of the Alpha anymore, Father. " I whispered, but he heard it loud and clear.

He let out a chuckle before glaring at me from his shoulder.

"Then prove me that you do. " He smirked. "Kill me. " My eyes widen. "Do it, prove me! "

I clenched my free hand as I gritted my teeth.

How admirable, but...

"I was prepared for that. " His eyes widen in fear when he realized how serious I was.

I challenge him for the throne, our lives is on the line and I know that I might need to take my father's life for it.

"A-Austin? " I raised my right hand as preparing my sharp claw to finish this fast.

I'll do it as painless as possible.

"Father-" A sharp pain suddenly struck me to my chest, causing me to step backward as my knees begun to weaken.