Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Taylor

The sun had long since disappeared into the horizon, as did my sanity. We had been on the road for nearly five hours, and he never shut up. Well, actually he did once, because I threatened to cut his penis off, and apparently I went too far. He pouted for only five minutes because, and I quote, "Any threat to Roan Jr, was a threat to humanity."

I constantly checked the charm to see how far ahead Mae and Jacin were from us. From what I could see, they had the lead by about an hour or two. How were they that far ahead, you may ask? Well Roan needed to stop at his place to pack all his necessities as he was way too high maintenance. When I say necessities, I mean his daily face moisturizer, a resistance band for working out, three weeks worth of clothes, all possible electronics, and condoms. Yes, I caught him trying to pack condoms.

I ended up ripping them out of his duffel bag (the fourth one he packed, by the way), and throwing them out the window. He, in turn, got mad because it was a 48 set box and they glowed in the dark. There had been many moments on the trip where I wanted to hurt him, shove him out of the car, or sell him on the black market (and I could if I wanted to). But, I kept my cool for the most part. I did give him a lot of death threats, and in return he would give me a flirtatious smile. Only he could find my homicidal comments to be a come on. Why did he have to be my mate?

He was driving the Lincoln, because he claimed "He had too because this car was basically him in automotive form." In all honesty, I completely disagree. If he was an automobile, he would be like Mater from the movie "Cars."

Currently, we were in a rare buff of silence, with only Kanye West "Waves" playing for the tenth time. It was fine the first few times, but now I was just going crazy. Roan was the type of guy who liked only one song at a given time and would just play it on repeat until it got old. I hated that. I hated him.

I reached over to the center counsel to switch the song, and at the same time he reached over to turn the volume up. Our hands touched, sending a spark up my arm. It was a cold spark. Even though I hated the cold, I did enjoy that.

He took his eyes off the road and turned toward me. I thought he was going to say something serious, but no he did not, "We just had our first 'Twilight' moment right there."

I rolled my eyes as I put my hand back in my lap, ignoring the intro to "Waves" start to play again, "You've watched Twilight?" I asked in a judgy voice. Don't get me wrong, I had watched and read Twilight multiple times. I get bored on the road, what can I say. I enjoyed the supernatural entertainment. I had even had romantic rendezvous with actors who had played supernatural characters in TV shows or movies. I must say April 2010 was a good time for Ian Somerhalder and I.

"All five movies," He boasted proudly, "I own all of them on Blu Ray DVD." he claimed as if he personally ended World War II.

"Why do you have them on DVD? We live in a Media Streaming world!" I bickered with him.

"I'm surprised you know about Media Streaming, considering you are two-hundred and fifty some years old. I thought Old Folks homes only had cassettes," he jibbed back at me.

"I'm going to hurt you," I commended back at him while glaring.

"We don't want you to do that, it might act up your arthritis. We want to make sure you're healthy enough to play your bingo," he laughed, making my blood boil.

"I'm warning you, I will hurt you," I cautioned. I was trying my hardest not to hurt him. Even though I liked to believe I wasn't violent by nature, Hades made me so by nurture.

"And how are you going to do that, Grandma?" and like that, I exploded. I did a quick little chant, and almost instantly, his head collided with the steering wheel. It was like an invisible hand grabbed his head and thrusted it viciously against the wheel. Because his head collided with the horn segment of the wheel, the car released a huge 'Beep,' which caused the guy driving next to us to flip Roan off.