1| From The Beginning

Started writing on 21st April 2020.
Completed on 23rd April 2020.
Word count : 1200 words
(The sentences between inverted commas are the dialogues which they speak while the rest of the sentences are their thoughts)

Also, they're just fifteen here, and so their vocabulary.
___________________________________

When Ayaan and Divya were 15 :

In school,
- D I V Y A -

Here I am, once more, first in class. I feel like I'm on top of the world.

No, I'm not high! It's just the aftermath of being the highest ranker.

What about that Ayaan? Still the last! Loser! As he came in my view, I knew I had to begin the taunting. "Hey! Ayaan wait." I shouted and he turned to me while smiling.

Why was he smiling? And that even so badly. Such a loser and maniac he was! "How are you Mr Ayaan? I heard you got the last position in class. Pretty sad. Well, that doesn't matter, you're always last. Nothing's new." (Note the sarcasm)

Now this was what I wanted to see. His face was like a person who lost everything in life.

"I really pity you. You should study more. You know, now-a-days we have tuitions. You can opt for one. Well, what about your parents. You would get a tight slap and a lecture for one hour. That's so sad." I taunted. And there was his face, expressionless. Such a good thing God has done to me.

This is the day I always wait for every year!

And then he started in an ironic way, "You don't have to take care of me. I'm really fine. And also you should really take care of yourself. See how fat you are. You should exercise daily. Because, if you die then I have to come to your funeral and I would have no one who could make me understand that I'm so intelligent and handsome. You know."

This guy is insane!

Here I was taunting him and in return he was really irritating me. I would just kill him if I get a chance! No I can't. If I kill him then I would have to go to jail and then I won't be able to study.

And then, he just moved on from my way without allowing me to speak a word. I mean, am I a fool?

Well I'm not.

I'm the topper.

T. O. P. P. E. R.

Now, I have a plan. I would tell everyone that he came last, 100th place in class. Even those students who don't study for an year are better than him!

"Hey listen everyone!" I shouted standing in front of the class. "Ayaan is once more our egg omelet. He is still the last!"

"What? He's last? But who cares, he's so handsome." Said Navya in a flirty way.

"What? What did you say? Handsome? Hahaa!" I started laughing. Seriously handsome? "If he's handsome then I'm Cleopatra. He's like a donkey. Wait! Calling him donkey will be a disrespect to donkey species."

××

This question is to be solved by Euclid's theorem!

I was giving my maths exam and it was easy.

And then, I heard the voice which I hate the most, "Hey! What's the answer of the first question? Tell fast." He asked, showing me the number he had marked on the question paper with a blue marker.

Really? Was I the only person left to ask the answer from?

"I'm fat, my brain is fat. I don't know the answer. Sorry." I answered him in a lowly pitiful voice while the teacher was busy in signing the extra answer sheets.