6| "Shut up Topper before I stick JJ's gun up your ass"

We drove past the marina and all the different shops. JJ pointed out Topper and Sarah on his boat as they drove past us.

"Damn Layla you hanging out with Pogues again? Better stay out of jail" he yelled over to me and I groaned, "shut up Topper before I stick JJ's gun up your ass" I replied as we drove away. Everyone on the boat laughed at my comment and I smiled softly at them.

"You used to hang out with Pogues?" Pope asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, it was a while ago though. Two years" I said as I messed with my necklace. "Stay out of jail? What does he mean?" JJ asked and I looked down at my hands.

"I got in trouble a lot. I was a crazy kid" I said with a small laugh.

We took the boat back to my place and they left to go search the coordinates of the Royal Merchant online at the country club. I decided to stay at home while they do that and I'm gonna get us some beers. I changed into a short floral dress with sandals and put on a little bit of makeup while I waited for them to get here.

JJ barged through my bedroom door and I jumped slightly in surprise. He laughed at me softly and I rolled my eyes as I grabbed my bag and we left the room. He took my hand and made a comment about how I was walking too slow which was obviously just an excuse to hold my hand but I didn't mind. He got in the van and pulled me in afterward and John B started driving. They told me the plan to steal a drone from the scrap yard and I stayed lookout while they stole it and Kie distracted the security guard. A dog started barking in the distance and distracted the guard away from Kie but she managed to get him to focus on her instead. I tried to look into the scrap yard for where the dog was but got caught off guard by the security guy running into the yard. I looked back to where Kie was and she motioned for me to get in the car which I immediately did.

We met back with the boys a few blocks down and they did have the drone. I was amazed by the fact they successfully managed to steal such an expensive drone. John B drove us to Kie's family restaurant. We all sat down at a table while she was persuading her dad to give us free food.

Her dad brought out tons of food for us and we all hung out with music while we ate. It was one of the best nights I've had in a long time. Kie was low key flirting with John B as they danced together and I watched in amusement. JJ stepped into my view of the two teens and I looked up at him confused. He put his hand out for me to take and I looked up at him skeptically.

"Come on" he whispered after I didn't take his hand. I laughed as I put my hand in his and he pulled me up to dance. We just messed around and danced while we ate our food. He put his hand on my waist as we danced and I felt butterflies in my stomach. The feeling he was giving me was something I never felt before. I finally felt happy.

I put my arms around his neck which made him put both his hands on my waist now. He smiled down at me and I laughed slightly.

We all went to John B's house for the night and we tested the drone out in the morning. I sat on the dock as John B was underwater with Kei in front of the camera. JJ and Pope were watching them from the screen on the controller.

I sat on the beach as Kie and John B we're sitting on their boards in the water. JJ and Pope had to go do some deliveries for Pope's dad so they weren't with us yet. When they did get to the beach they both joined John B and Kie in the water. I just stayed on the sand and watched them with a smile. I wasn't really trying to get saltwater in my cuts so I didn't swim.

We went to John B's house for the night and we sat in his hammocks outback. I shared one with JJ and we all just talked about the shipwreck and the 400 million. JJ and I never talked about when we danced the night before but we acted more friendly to each other now. I could feel myself getting feelings for him but I didn't think much of it.

I woke up to the sound of thunder and looked around in confusion. JJ was steering the boat and the others were standing in the back.

"What the fuck?" I groaned as I stood up and walked over to JJ. "We're right over the Royal Merchant. You fell asleep and I didn't wanna wake you up" he said as he was steering the boat in different directions as John B yelled instructions to him. I sighed as I went out of the cabin and watched Kie putting more and more of the drone's tether in the water. We were almost to the bottom. The boat was being pushed around by the wind and I felt myself start to get dizzy. I walked back into the cabin where JJ was and I sat on the floor. He looked down at me for a second before he kept steering the boat as John B directed. We both stayed in the cabin when they finally could see the Royal Merchant on the camera because JJ needed to keep the boat steady in the oncoming storm. I had a massive headache so I just didn't want to get up.

Me and JJ both peaked back at the trio around the camera and my heart sank at the disappointment in their eyes. The gold was gone.

Somebody beat us to it.